Hi From New York

Apes68

Confused about dryer sheets
I've been reading this site for a long time and have greatly benefited from the great advice here - thanks to you all.

I'm 46 and wife is 48 and we live in New York. We have 2 kids in middle school. My wife was laid off from her job 2 years ago and lately I have had that funny feeling that I may be getting the ax.

The good news is that I have been doing a ton of research on ER and I think we are close to having the resources needed.

If I lose my job, the only income we would have coming in would be about $10,000 a year in interest and dividends. From what I have been reading, it seems that we would qualify for a healthcare program in NY called Family Health Plus. It seems to cover everything our current health care covers for only the cost of co-pays.

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with this program or other suggestions.

Thanks.

I am assuming NY means New Jack City.

It sounds that you would not consider going anywhere else. Yes? No? How about someplace in New York State? Once you leave The City there are lower cost places to live in the sate, but not REEELY low cost places.

Are you anticipating the end of the road, career-wise? Early retirement?

Is there a reason you are anticipating being dependent on Family Health Plus?

Please tell us more about you-all.

Back
Top Bottom