Name that (piano) tune?

Midpack

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I'd really like to know what this song is. Sounds really familiar, but could be I've just heard the ad unconsciously (like most ads) enough to make it familiar. Tried Google and Bing, ordinarily very helpful, and came up empty.

I know there are several musicians here...thought you might know.

I Giorni by Ludovico Einaudi. cant say where you might have heard it I dont recall hearing it in any ads lately.

I think there is an app for that (for iPhone etc) to identify songs. (But who needs an app when you have us!!)

I Giorni by Ludovico Einaudi. cant say where you might have heard it I dont recall hearing it in any ads lately.
Are you sure? I Giorni is beautiful (thanks) and similar, but after listening to a few arrangements, doesn't seem to match. I even listened to a few other Einaudi songs on iTunes. The search continues :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think there is an app for that (for iPhone etc) to identify songs. (But who needs an app when you have us!!)
Tried Shazaam but it couldn't figure it out. I think the app needs pop songs to match. I think it sounds like I Giorni but a little different than the Ludovico Einaudi version on Youtube. Nice piano. Wish I could do that.

Edit: The Einaudi youtube is good. I just grabbed the MP3. Thanks Midpack

Last edited:
My use of the word faux in my previous post was less than helpful. I apologize for that. A more polite way to say it would be that I think it is generic classical sounding music. I listened to several classical tunes that I thought it might be with no luck. Anybody got the IPhone app that identifies music? Every time I have seen it used was with country western or rock music. Does it know classical music?

I found a reference that the originator used "royalty-free music from SpotMixer." It may just be a studio musicians piano doodling like jclarksnakes suggested, but I am still looking...

Soundhound is a very good Android app for that but it couldn't identify the tune.

Are you sure? I Giorni is beautiful (thanks) and similar, but after listening to a few arrangements, doesn't seem to match. I even listened to a few other Einaudi songs on iTunes. The search continues :flowers:

Not 100% but i listened to both a couple times and seems like the same tune - perhaps played by a different artist?

Back
Top Bottom