Dating while retired

I don't like the term "Online Dating". While I have used the internet to meet various women, I do not date them on the internet. I date them the old fashioned way: I arrange a time and event, I pick them up or meet them there, I spend time with them - face to face, etc.

Okay, since we've veered off topic a bit, I wanted to share a dating site profile which seemed to attract more than its share of gold diggers. Perhaps they got what they deserved.

"Late 40's guy. Fit and attractive. Already retired and I have piles."

Or maybe this would attract a few good men...

"Single Female, early 50s, going through menopause with a vengeance."

I made this one up, but it would be funny to see this on an online dating site. :LOL:

Another way to look at it!

Or maybe this would attract a few good men...

"Single Female, early 50s, [-]going through menopause with a vengeance[/-] no longer subject to PMS."

I made this one up, but it would be funny to see this on an online dating site. :LOL:

I have never figured out 'dating'. Found current friend after several years 'net contact on various forums.
Prefer to live alone. Not sure if I'm 'looking' for anything specific.
I also tend to be attracted to younger men (at my age this means 40s and 50s).

I'm thinking that you would be rewarding woman to hang out with. Frank ain't never gonna go anywhere.

Ha

This sounds like Ha speak for would you go dancing with me if Frank left:D

Ha! That's what I call a classy rejection. If I had been flirting, I would feel nicely let down with my flimsy masculine pride undamaged.

Ha

Last edited:
Just heard from a friend of mine who is about my age. She signed up for an online meeting service. Most of the guys who contacted her are about 70 and many of them still have to go to work every day. :( What a bummer!

Back
Top Bottom