Problem w/ bogleheads.org site?

kaneohe

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Anyone else having problems accessing the site? Last night I got this error message:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ postgres ]

Errno 2: pg_connect(): Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server: FATAL: sorry, too many clients already []

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.

Later this message did not appear but my computer seemed to be searching for the site forever but never found it.............no problems w/ any other site.........

They posted a message on the site yesterday that the site would probably be down during the power outages.

Probably quite a few sites are offline. Marketwatch is down

I have nit been ble to get there since last evening. I am assuming it is due to lack of power. Don't know where their server is located....

I could not access it last night. Haven't tried today.

I just tried and was not able to access it either. My guess is that it will be back once the electrical grid damage due to Sandy has been repaired.

Reports (saw an article on this, but it must have scrolled away somewhere or I just kind find the article at the moment).are that many websites on the internet are down due to Sandy.

I thought the purpose of the internet was to still enable communication in case of disaster :facepalm:. But I suppose, the communication is only as good as the physical ability.

they posted on facebook a message. Down due to Sandy related power outage.

They saw it coming, alerting people to the fact their server was in the projected path of the storm.

I was about to post and ask about the site but you all beat me to it.
I guess sandy did the site in.
Will be waiting and checking on everyone as time moves on.
Good to see and read from this site though. The only forums I normally visit. You guys and the bogleheads, the best on the net.
Keep on Keeping on !!!
Steve

May 21, 2013

Is anyone else getting this today?

This webpage is not available
Google Chrome could not load the webpage because www.bogleheads.org took too long to respond. The website may be down, or you may be experiencing issues with your Internet connection.
Here are some suggestions:
Reload this webpage later.
Check your Internet connection. Restart any router, modem, or other network devices you may be using.

Error 118 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT): The operation timed out.

I could not get in there starting around midnight this morning. Just tried it and still can't get in.

Besides some folks over there being wound just a little too tight? :)

(Same error message as of the time stamp of this post....)

Bogleheads site down?

Anyone else experiencing any difficulty getting into Bogleheads?

General Error

SQL ERROR [ postgres ]

Errno 2: pg_connect(): Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server: could not connect to server: Connection refused Is the server running locally and accepting connections on Unix domain socket "/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432"? []

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom