Problem With Apple TV

yakers

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Worked for years but have had recent issues getting Apple TV to stream Amazon Prime to our TV, via AirPlay or computer HDMI I get a message:
HDCP Error
This video can't play on your device as it doesn't meet content protection standards. All of your displays and cables must be HDCP compliant. Try disconnecting video devices from your computer, including secondary monitors and TVs, refresh the page and try again. See our troubleshooting tips for more information. If this problem continues, please contact Amazon Customer Service at www.amazon.com/video/contactus and refer to error 7279.

Amazon says this is an Apple problem and will not touch it. I have an older Apple TV 2nd generation, I cannot add or delete apps. Some other apple people have posted similar problems but thers have wworked by restarting things, didn't work for me.
My internet is from Spectrum 200 MBS+, generally good service, I can view Amazon Prime on my desktop, laptop or iphone but cannot connect via AirPlay to the APple TV.
So I can 1) get a newer Apple TV if that will solve the problem 2) Get a Roku if that will work 3) drop Amazon Prime if I cannot get it to stream
Trying to avoid 4) new TV and cables
Any suggestions?

I have both Roku and Apple TV. I like Roku better so I guess I’d get that. However, I would try to find someone with a new version Apple TV and see if it works. Of course, make sure your Apple TV is updated to the latest software version. Also, when you restart it, make sure you’ve unplugged it for a few minutes just to be sure it was fully off.

I had that problem with my Spectrum cable box. It was an easier fix in that I could use composite cables instead of the HDMI cable and that worked. You might try a different HDMI cable but it is more likely the unit and not the cable.

Back
Top Bottom