Error message on USPS.com Tracking Tool

Amethyst

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Is anyone else unable to access the USPS.com tracking tool?

I get This page isn’t working If the problem continues, contact the site owner.
HTTP ERROR 400

Working fine for me.

Tracked a package without issue.

I get the same message on my phone, so it is not an issue with my PC. I really need to track a package.

USPS site is garbage for tracking IMO. Bought something and got a tracking number. It was a FedEx to USPS thing. Could track it until it swapped over to USPS then nothing. A day or 2 after delivery the entire tracking history showed up

If I really need to watch it I use FedEx or UPS

Well, I am having trouble accessing more than just the usps.gov tracking tool. I can't get to at least one other web site, www.firemountaingems.com, which is "up" according to IsItDown.

I rebooted my PC.
I rebooted my router.
I tried different browsers (IE, Chrome)
I cleared browser cookies.
I tried other OS's (Silk on my Kindle; Android on my phone).

Still no luck. I'm running Avast antivirus and haven't had issues with it previously.

Next thing to try is a computer that doesn't belong to me, but I'll have to wait till my next work day (after Christmas) for that.

The best way to track for me on pc: just google the tracking number. Google will suggest which carrier it is and resolve the links to it for you.

As far as USPS tracking today, it's working for me, and so is FMG. Sounds like you have a local network, or carrier issue. On your phone, were use using your WIFI? Maybe try just the phone 3g/4g?

In the example above about fedex vs. USPS. Both Fedex and UPS have these (super-slow) hybrid deliveries: Sure-post and Smart-post - I call them both Slow-Post. The tracking number you get might be a USPS number, but it won't track on USPS until the last mile handoff. On occasion, the original carrier will do the whole delivery. Either way, just google the number, and you'll find it.

I had a similar experience the other day with USPS using Explorer which I have used several times before without issue. I tried accessing USPS using Chrome and had no issue. So, I would suggest trying a different browser or maybe clear the cookies and cache on your system.

The one thing I hadn't tried. It worked! The problem must be with Verizon FIOS - I will notify them. Not much fun using my LTE minutes and tiny phone screen for looking at a catalog...

Maybe try just the phone 3g/4g?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom