problem with Quicken 2011 Lifetime Planner and 401(k)?

someguy

Full time employment: Posting here.
Hi all, since our current and planned future income situations are somewhat more complicated than normal, I've always found FireCalc a little lacking. I've been playing with Quicken 2011 (R8 -- most recent update for 2011) and its Lifetime planner and found it to be much more flexible and friendly than FireCalc. It's a little less transparent in the outcomes calculation, but I'm willing to accept that in exchange for knowing the inputs are right.

But, and this is a huge one, I've noticed that QLP doesn't include my or the SO's 401(k). For example, I can change either of ours from $0/year contributed to any number at all and it doesn't change the projection of how long we last overall.

Anyone else had this issue or similar problems with QLP? I thought about upgrading to 2013 but there seem to be a lot of PO'd upgraders on various forums. Is there something out there similar to QLP?

Make sure your 401k is not excluded from the plan, under saving and investments.

Make sure your 401k is not excluded from the plan, under saving and investments.

Thanks, grasshopper. That was the first thing I checked and it was set correctly. I ended up deleting the contribution set up on the 401(k)s in QLP, rebooted my computer, and then readded the contributions. Now they are affecting the timeline properly. I had tried deleting and re-adding the contributions before without the reboot and that had no effect.

Back
Top Bottom