Reason for retiring

oldtrig

Full time employment: Posting here.
I know I am not your normal early retirement person but wanted to share one of the reasons I give up work when I did. I am not getting any younger and wanted to spend more time with my grandchild. What a joy she is to have around. I hope I live long enough to see her finish college and get married. youngtrig

Attachments

• IMAG0115-1.jpg
    IMAG0115-1.jpg
    410.7 KB · Views: 28
She is precious and the outfit is stunning!

For DH and me, we both plain "burned out". My dad makes fun of that term, but it is true. Public education has become such a mess with the powers-that-be never addressing the escalating real problems that affect learning in the classrooms.

Three grown children, none married, no grandbabies. But, you certainly have a beautiful reason to be retired.

Precious Oldtrig. I don't have grandchildren yet, but my main reason to retire was to be closer to my kids. I couldn't talk to them often, with me working in Japan and Asia, and them in the US with weird class and work schedules. Now I text or talk to my daughter almost daily, and my son a few times a week. I'm grateful that I could retire when I did.

R

Love that picture, Oldtrig. Hope you enjoy spoiling her.

I have a couple of grandaughters and you can bet that I'll be spending lots of time with them when I retire...which will be very soon....

She will be 18 months old tomorrow. She is really a good child and when we keep her it is 24/7 fun. I got on the floor last week stretching before I played golf. She was watching me. I was making groaning noises like I was in pain when I would raise my legs and stretch. When I left to golf my wife said she got on the floor right where I was and started doing the same exact thing. She said it was so funny:cool:. We have to watch our actions because at that age they pay attention. oldtrig:D

If there's a better reason to retire, I don't know what it would be. Enjoy your new job, spoiling the grandkids! Very cute picture...

Ditto! My grandson is 20 months old and while not the primary reason for my ER, he sure is an added retirement perk! My daughter already "hired" me for a weekday babysitting assignment next week.

Your granddaughter is adorable.

She is precious! I think 18 months is the most perfect age. They haven't gotten an attitude yet, they still like to cuddle, and they are infinently entertaining and will do just about anything if it makes grandpa laugh. Enjoy every second. I can't think of a better reason to kiss w*rk goodbye.

My one year retirement date is tomorrow:clap:. No one knows when they retire if its the correct thing to do but after one year I can say it was for me. I have not missed work for one day:2funny:. I look forward to another good retirement year. These years are passing way to fast. I am waiting for those beautiful spring days:cool:. February is almost gone. I hope we get to spend more days with that grandchild:D. Oldtrig

Back
Top Bottom