Layoffs, part deux

padlin00

Recycles dryer sheets
Guess it's time to move from the Class of 2016/17 to the Class of 2013. I accepted the layoff effective the end of the month but I have yet to see anything in writing. I'm told the company treats the voluntary layoff the same as involuntary so it should have no effect on my collecting UE which I can put in for as soon as we are laid off.
Thanks to all for your advise. Sorry clifp and REwahoo, you'll get no more support from me..

Congratulations on your awesome package. Do you know when you'll break the news to your employees?

Guess it's time to move from the Class of 2016/17 to the Class of 2013. I accepted the layoff effective the end of the month...
Good
Choice!
:dance:

Wunderbar! I think you will be happy with your choice, especially as the moans of pain circulate down to you from those you leave behind.

Congratulations!

Sometimes it takes a lot of courage to make a decision like this. I have no doubt that you will be happy with it when you see how it goes for those who stay.

Congratulations on your awesome package. Do you know when you'll break the news to your employees?

A few coworkers know so, no doubt the word has already trickled down. If not, I'll bring it up this evening during shift change, have to get the new much thinner schedule figured out with their input.

Congratulation!

I pray everyday they lay me off and give me a 1 year servance like many of my co-workers that were laid off in 2012.

Only reason why I haven't quit and start a second career is because I keep hoping I'm the lucky person they select for layoff.

Congratulations from me too! I think you made the right choice. Within a few months you will be feeling much more positive about life.

. Sorry clifp and REwahoo, you'll get no more support from me..

I guess I should not bother giving your name to headhunters to help you find a job then. :D

Congratulations. As retirement gift, I'll give you my one liner when people giving me a hard time about not working..

"work is a four letter word."

Congratulations and welcome to the dark side. :)

Making a decision is the hard part, the rest is easy. Congrats!

Congratulations! The decision is difficult because one has to overcome a lifetime of being "programmed" to slog away in megacorp until traditional retirement age. Enjoy the enormous sense of relief that it's over and get on with enjoying life!

I guess I should not bother giving your name to headhunters to help you find a job then. :D

Congratulations. As retirement gift, I'll give you my one liner when people giving me a hard time about not working..

"work is a four letter word."

My old boss and friend wanted me to sign up on LinkedIn for some unknown reason. It forced me to enter a current j*b type, so I said it was in "travel & leisure". Hope he wasn't expecting a resume.

My old boss and friend wanted me to sign up on LinkedIn for some unknown reason. It forced me to enter a current j*b type, so I said it was in "travel & leisure". Hope he wasn't expecting a resume.

I had a similar experience shortly after retiring. Unable to find a "retired" job classification, I entered "Mental Health Professional", since retiring had done wonders for my mental health - and maintaining it was now my full time job. :)

Last edited:
Smart, very smart.

Congratulations,

MRG

I had a similar experience shortly after retiring. Unable to find a "retired" job classification, I entered "Mental Health Professional", since retiring had done wonders for my mental health - and maintaining it was now my full time job. :)
A friend has "CEO of WTF"

Back
Top Bottom