First time ever

utrecht

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Since we have a thread going about what people have never done before, I thought I would start a thread for people to talk about brand new things that they've tried. In the last year I have

1) Grown my hair long for the first time in my life. I went from a 20+ year crew cut to my co-workers say I look like Tom Cruise in "The Last Samurai".
2) Got an ear ring
3) Tried Vietnamese food (last week)
4) Couldn't decide between 2 colors of a new Nike shoe I wanted so I bought them both.

I'm considering getting the Pittsburgh Steeler logo tattooed on my bicep but that would be a different thread for "things under consideration"

I'll put my own twist on my reply...these are things I plan on doing once I'm FIRED, and I have the time, money, and freedom to pursue...

1. Learn to swim. I never learned to swim as a kid.
2. Shave my head. I'm starting to lose some hair in the back, and like a friend of mine once said, "No drugs, rugs, or plugs", so I'd like to shave it to see what I look like with it all gone.
3. I'm starting to think about getting some tattoos, something I can't (or rather, won't) do while still working in corporate America. There are some very personal things I've seen and done in life that mean a lot to me, that I'd like to turn into ink.

Last summer I drank my first martini.
This summer I visited Ohio for the first time.
This past year I bought cocoa beans and learned to make hand-made chocolate.
A few months ago I tried to use contact lenses for the first time.

Back
Top Bottom