Unemployment assistance owes me money and need advice

gride50

Dryer sheet wannabe
A couple of months ago, there was an error in my unemployment. I live in Massachusetts and the department was going through a conversion with their systems and I was reported as showing an over payment when in fact there wasn't one. Over the next 7 weeks, money was taken out of my weekly benefit and I was informed that once the conversion was complete, the situation would be rectified. About 2 weeks ago, about 75% of it was paid back to me. Since then I have emailed about the remainder and received no response. When I call and am able to reach someone, I am told it may be coming, but can never get a definite answer. I feel I am getting the runaround.

Is there anyone else I can call or write to about this within the state?

Thanks.

Do you have a state representative (someone you voted for)?
Sounds like just the kind of job they are hired to do.

Is there a local unemployment office that you can go to and talk with a real person and show them the problem and your documentation?

It's only been 2 weeks since you got the 75% after which you called and was told the rest is processing. I'd wait another week or so, we're talking the government here. As stated you can stop at your local branch office and make an appointment with the rep, ours is at the Careerpoint office, it probably differs in Boston. Nothing with unemployment happens fast.

My DW has been dealing with it out here in California too. I feel bad for people waiting on their benefits so long. My DW is also still 2 weeks behind after waiting 4 weeks for a check. Calls and emails don't get you anywhere. Wish they'd get their crap together soon....ugh!

Thanks everyone. I think I will try my state rep.
You live in MA and are going to call your rep? Please, let me know how this works out.

My understanding is MA upgraded their software and it's been a nightmare. No CA used the same company/software package.... and it's been a disaster.

I hope you get it resolved.

Back
Top Bottom