What's the first album you ever bought (not bought for you)?

Midpack

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Staying with our musical theme today...

Mine below. Thought I was a real (15 yo) rebel just owning it...my Dad did not approve having brought me up on classical from a very early age.

Attachments

• SteppenwolfLive.jpg
    SteppenwolfLive.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 115
Fresh Cream, Disraeli Gears, Steppenwolf. Not sure which one I bought first, but those were the first three for sure.

Last edited:
Meet the Beatles in I believe 1963 or 4. Still remember watching their 1st appearance on Ed Sullivan show at my Grandparents. They were amazed at the reactions of the audience. Wonder if that was one of the first shows with screaming fans. Now every show has it - ever watched Ellen?

I'm younger than you guys: The Cars - Heartbeat City.

But the one that will make you laugh is what my Dad purchased for me as my 1st CD. Madonna - Like a Virgin. I think he just liked the cover...

Stand!
Sly and the Family Stone

“Boom shakalakalaka Boom Shakalaka..."

You guys make me feel young. (except for Keim) But anyway it was "Mother and Child Reunion by Paul Simon" the year was 1972 and I was 14 years old.

Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Heart's Club Band

Pretty interesting music to me at that young age...

Still remember watching their 1st appearance on Ed Sullivan show at my Grandparents.
Me too. I couldn't quite understand why my two (girl) cousins screamed through the whole thing...

I also had older girl cousins that screamed during Beatles songs on Ed Sullivan, and they raved over their Beatles boots. I didn't understand it at all

Meet the Beatles. Pretty sure it was 1964 and cost like $3.

Bridge over troubled water by Simon and Garfunkel (1970).

Coulda been Steppenwolf but mighta been Vanilla Fudge. Probably first bought in 1967.

But that is because I was not a buyer in HS. I listened to radio. My female cousins, on the other hand, had hundreds of singles.

Last edited:
The 8-track version of Woodstock.
First vinyl was Tommy, Led Zepplin III, and Black Sabbath

Chicago VI, 1973

"Yes" - Close to the Edge. Or maybe Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon.

Split Enz True Colors. 1980. It was cool because the album was prints in different colors. Probably why I liked it so much. I was also in the Paul Young fan club. I'm not ashamed of it--way more defensible than the Duran Duran club membership of my best friend.

Don't be trash talkin' D2 Sarah! I used to love The Power Station (one of my first records).

Album is different than singles. For album: Cheap Thrills by Big Brother and the Holding Company; for singles, probably these boots are made for walking by Nancy Sinatra.

Album is different than singles. For album: Cheap Thrills by Big Brother and the Holding Company; for singles, probably these boots are made for walking by Nancy Sinatra.

Ditto on Cheap Thrills! Still so amazing.

First Single was Yesterday the week it came out. I can remember copying the lyrics while listening to it over and over that evening. Still good but just a little overexposed in the past almost five decades :)

Back
Top Bottom