What is the last thing you ordered from Amazon?

A DeLonghi cappuccino machine. At Bed Bath and Beyond it was $300, exact same machine on Amazon $199.

A new water panel for the April Aire humidifier. Getting ready for cold weather.

I was going to order a mop refill since I can't ever seem to find them in the brick and mortar stores any more, but found a whole mop at Lowe's for half the price of a refill on Amazon. Same brand. Go figure.

“The World At War: The Ultimate Restored Edition”, 9 Blu-ray discs. It’ll come in handy when winter pays a visit.

This week:

1. Brand new shiny Dell laptop computer with a 17" display and all the bells and whistles. (delivered this morning! :dance: ) Looked at about fifty places to see what was available, including Best Buy, Newegg, Overstock, Walmart, Costco, Target, Office Depot, Dell website, etc etc. You've GOT to look around to get the best deal. I didn't want to wait until Black Friday. In this case Amazon had the best price right now for the configuration I wanted. No shipping (Prime), and Amazon Visa rewards helped.

2. Prime Pantry box of non-perishable food and kitchen items

3. Diabetic supplies

I'm still in "blow that dough" mode so maybe more later.

Almond flour and ground flax. I'm trying to make low carb bread.

DW bought a grain mill for her Kitchen Aid mixer. After a big prompt from her sister, DW is making wine flour/ pomace flour from this year's bounty. It's supposed to be full of fiber, protein, and antioxidants but who knows? DSIL says she saw a 8 oz. package on sale for $7.00, usually $14.00.:popcorn:

A roof vent cap for our new cooktop vent hood. I have a 6” duct and couldn’t find a vent cap to fit a 6” duct at Menards.

That's a lot of cough drops are you stocking up for cold season?

The duchess of redduck [-]likes[/-] demands these cough drops and the stores around here no longer seem to carry them. Last time we bought a case of 20, it lasted 2 1/2 years.

Jura Claris Blue water filters for the coffee maker

The Fifth Risk by Michael Lewis. I've read several of his books and enjoyed them.

No further comment.

I think I have read all of Michael Lewis previous books. I am on a long reserve queue at the local library for the above book.

I ordered, with expedited shipping, and already installed a new igniter for the oven in our 4 year old, $800 (new) GE stove. This is the 2nd one in the 4 years we've owned it. Makes me really mad. GE has gone to crap; they used to be the epitome of American industry.

Woodworking drawknife and rasp to use in making hiking sticks. And some soft close hinges for a bathroom cabinet I'm building. And "All over the Map: A Cartographic Odyssey" - a book of maps

Last edited:
This topic might get a boost from this move by Amazon

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/201...shipping-minimum-for-all-us-holiday-shoppers/

[FONT=&quot]
The online retailer announced that starting today, November 5, all US-based Amazon customers can get free shipping with no minimum purchase amount. While the perk lasts only for a "limited time," Amazon explains the promotion will affect orders that arrive in time for the Christmas holiday.

Please keep in mind that many have found Amazon is no longer among the lowest priced places to buy things. I have found that, while they are rarely top dollar, one can get better prices by shopping around - if it's worth the time and effort.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Last edited:
I just ordered an old fashioned lighted ceramic Christmas tree. I have wanted one for a long time.

A fresh supply of "Magnesium Citrate" and the book "Disconnected."

I order lots from Amazon but I’ve not participated in this thread, I don’t think. Anyway, heel pads this last week since I apparently am getting some neuropathy in my heels making sleep difficult.

Target is also offering free 2-day shipping with no minimum purchase, through Dec. 22. "Some exclusions apply." Walmart has free 2-day shipping with a $35 minimum.

A 1/3" thick 8' x 11' non skid rug pad.

The Dash Mini-waffle maker. $9.99, darn cute and useful. Make a waffle out of almost anything!

Back
Top Bottom