The Future, Past and Present

hakuna matata

Recycles dryer sheets
Some idle wandering thoughts this morning so I thought why not share and see what the ER masses think. I turn 55 years old this year and was just wondering this morning what I would have told my past Hakuna Matata twenty years ago at age 35 based on what has transpired the past 20 years. But more importantly I was wondering what the Future Hakuna Matata at age 75 would tell ME today! I mean I can't change the past, but I can change/influence the future right? So I am more curious as to what the Future "You" would tell the current "You".

I think my future Hakuna would tell me to just stay the course and wonder why I took some damn long to finally retire. Probably tell me I worried too much about the money running out and to spend more time in the now. Take my wife out to dinner and tell her I love her more often, tell my kid how great she is and how much I love her, etc---live for the present. I think my natural personality is that of a planner but you know sometimes you can get too caught up in the planning for the future, you forget to live in the present.

I say that because I think that is what Today's Hakuna would have told the 35 year old Hakuna.

Good advice from old Hakuna--I think I will head out for a nice walk with my dog and my wife to smell the roses.

Although I probably should go see a doctor now that I am talking about myself in the third person! :LOL:

So no matter your age, what would your future "you" advice be to the current "you"?

Don't be afraid to reach out to people and expand your social circle. This is self-talk that I have been giving myself for 20+ years and I am still trying to make it work.:blush:

Quit stressing about "little" things. Be more "present" for my kids, and enjoy their childhood more. Both things I'm hoping to accomplish more easily in a year or two after I get rid of my pesky j*b.

And ditto about expanding the social circle.

Back
Top Bottom