Tripling Battery Life!

Midpack

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Stable lithium anode may triple battery efficiency

It's been almost 10 years since I owned any individual stocks (that's all I held for many years). If there's anything that would draw me back in, it would be a pure play on the above IF it really pans out. But one article I read stated it would be 5 years before commercialization...I'll have forgotten by then. :blush:

How can you triple the efficiency of something that is already about 90% efficient? :confused:

Or is it 'life' that is tripled? Your thread title and the article title are different.

-ERD50

There's been plenty of these kinds of things announced over the last few years. All of them just needed to commercialize the breakthrough. We're still waiting. I wouldn't bet on just one of them.

Everyone loves "story stocks" but few make any money from them.

Do people remember the superconductor cover stories on Time and Newsweek?

It was in the late 80s?

Was suppose to be a huge breakthrough.

Do people remember the superconductor cover stories on Time and Newsweek?

It was in the late 80s?

Was suppose to be a huge breakthrough.

And the 'super-capacitors' (from EEStor) were going to replace batteries in electric cars.

Everyone loves "story stocks" but few make any money from them.

So many dead companies that had breakthrough ideas. It would be interesting to count up all the breakthrough articles like this from ten years back, and see what % ended up making a profit, let alone an out-sized profit. If you invested in each of them, I really doubt you'd beat the market, or even break-even.

I'm confused by the OP at any rate. This would tempt him to be drawn back into individual stocks if it panned out? If it was a great idea that panned out, the stock would jump and it would likely be too late to get in and make a great profit. The big money is getting in before it is known if it will pan out while the stock is still cheap, and then, against the odds, having this one be a winner.

-ERD50

Back
Top Bottom