A** Kissing

eyeonFI

Recycles dryer sheets
It's the time of year when I am starting to get a lot of email from new students. This quote, in reference to an orientation session where I basically reviewed curriculum, struck me especially funny:

"You seem to me really profound and composed."

Um, yeah, it's hard to maintain my composure when being asked tough questions like when will course X be offered? .... And if he found my discussion of core vs. required courses profound, I can't wait to knock 'em dead with my reading of the grading policy in my syllabus. :)

So, anyone else been the recipient of some amusing a** kissing lately?

Thankfully, receiving and supplying a** kissing ended when I retired. Nothing wrong with asking here, but it might not be the most plentiful source for related stories.

Thankfully, receiving and supplying a** kissing ended when I retired.

agreed... but it was amazing to watch the troops a** kiss my replacement during the transition. Human nature for most, I guess. Some are better at it than others or feel more compelled to do so.

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    19.1 KB · Views: 174
They're just preparing themselves for success in the w*rking world.

Sadly true.

My BS meter is reaching an all time high on the j*b. May cure me of OMY afterall.

Most often, I was the "Kissee". Had soooo many people keep in touch with me right after I RE'd.

Then, as they slowly came to realize that I was "seriously...no, seriously" NOT going to get another job (i.e. I couldn't do anything for them), they vanished.

Last edited:
Edit: Not sure wha-happened just now...seems to have double posted.

Although I'm still w*rking, I can safely guarantee my ***kissing days are behind me.

They say hindsight is 20-20, so I think it should go into a vision thread. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom