Fidelity IRA Match

travelover

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Fidelity has a new program whereby they will match your IRA contributions for 3 years if you transfer or roll over set amounts. Under the right circumstances it could be like found money.

The match is available to new or existing customers who transfer a Roth, Traditional or Rollover IRA to Fidelity. When this occurs, and an individual makes contributions to their IRA over the next three years, Fidelity will match their annual contribution up to 10 percent. Direct rollovers from a 401(k) or 403(b) plan are not eligible. So, for example, if a customer transfers $500,000, he or she will earn 10 percent on future contributions. If a contribution of $5,500 is made in the first year, that customer will receive a $550 match.
https://www.fidelity.com/about-fidelity/individual-investing/fidelity-introduces-ira-match

How much will you pay in additional fees for that $500K rollover? Vanguard Admiral is around 0.05 ER. How about Fidelity Spartan?

I found that Fidelity's S&P 500 index fund fees were infinitesimally lower than Vanguard's.

Maybe they read the negative comments on another thread today and decided they had to do something! :cool:

I was a Fidelity client for about 30 years and received excellent service. Switched to Vanguard to get Wellington & Wellesley funds but am not thrilled with their customer service. Guess there is no heaven on earth. I am open to returning to Fidelity.

I found that Fidelity's S&P 500 index fund fees were infinitesimally lower than Vanguard's.

Can you give as a tickers of 2 ETFs. (Fidelity and Vanguard)

You may be drinking too much Fidelity kool-aid :)

I think cheapest is Schwab (not counting Institutional rates that one gets in 401ks and which you can NOT buy on open market)

Last edited:
I was a Fidelity client for about 30 years and received excellent service. Switched to Vanguard to get Wellington & Wellesley funds but am not thrilled with their customer service. Guess there is no heaven on earth. I am open to returning to Fidelity.

Switch to E*Trade :) If you have 1 million plus you will be happy with them.

Last month because of a corporate merger my 401k was about to be switched from Fidelity's custody to Vanguard's. Fidelity paid me $1200 to roll it over into an IRA with them. I'll have to see if I can still finagle the 10% bump on future contributions.

Last month because of a corporate merger my 401k was about to be switched from Fidelity's custody to Vanguard's. Fidelity paid me $1200 to roll it over into an IRA with them. I'll have to see if I can still finagle the 10% bump on future contributions.

Congratulation... You will NOT get institutional rate of 2 bases point on S&P 500 index since only 401k can get that.

Also if you get sued you may loose your IRA :) depending on which state you live in. Moving money from 401k to IRA was a great decision :)

Last edited:
Congratulation... You will NOT get institutional rate of 2 bases point on S&P 500 index since only 401k can get that.

Also if you get sued you may loose your IRA :) depending on which state you live in. Moving money from 401k to IRA was a great decision :)

Oh no! My life is ruined!! :(

Actually, IRA assets are 100% protected in my state.

Is English your second language?

Back
Top Bottom