Because of this forum I am unemployed

Live And Learn

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
:dance: And I want to offer a huge thank you !!!

For the first time in 36 years I am not receiving a paycheck. Instead I will use my dividends and investment principal (and in 18 year SSI) to carry me through my remaining life.

Today is day 2 of my retirement. I requested no hoopla so my last day was quiet. I arrrived at the office at 11am, had lunch and chit-chat with colleagues in one of the conference rooms (we ordered in), and left for the last time at 2pm. My ex-coworkers walked me to my car as one of them carried my "box of junk" (mainly a couple of photos and my collection of Happy Meal toys which were my destressors). No fanfare - just a bunch of hugs and smiles.

Yesterday DH and I celebrated by going to a matinee movie (who does that :confused:) and an early dinner at my favorite restaurant on the beach. Today I am set to work on craft projects for Vacation Bible School (another thing I could not have done if I were still w*rking).

It's a little scary giving up the decent sized paycheck, and while I thought this would just feel like vacation it does not. I know that I am free :clap:. I had one fleeting moment where I thought about something that could improve a process at the office and then I laughed maniacally as I realized it is no longer my problem !

Thanks again for the excellent suggestions from the forum which gave me the confidence to take this magical leap !!!

What will you do all day? :(

Woo hoo! Freedom!

Congratulations! It sounds like you are already enjoying your freedom so I hope this is just the beginning. Enjoy the retired life. :dance::dance::dance:

Congratulations!! Retirement has been so much fun for me and I hope it is for you, too. :D:dance:

What will you do all day? :(

What will you do all day?

Aren't you a little young?

I worry that you'll be bored!

You must be rich!

Can I have a loan?

Seriously...CONGRATULATIONS!!!

What will you do all day?

Aren't you a little young?

I worry that you'll be bored!

You must be rich!

Hey - were you at my office on Monday :confused:?

The other big one was "I'm so jealous". I tell them I don't want them to be jealous, I want them to be inspired ! One of my younger co-workers began maxing out his Roth 401k when I first mentioned early retirement and the things I did (and didn't do!) to get there. I'm so proud of him for doing that.

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm inspired (and jealous!)

Enjoy the freedom!

Your first unemployed Monday morning will be the BEST! Or Sunday night before, as was my case! Congratulations!

I was low key also, my last day. I understand. You will discover that as the months go by, life just gets better and better. You invested your way out of the hole and left the rest behind. Congratulations!

Back
Top Bottom