Free at Last

Culture

Recycles dryer sheets
Six weeks ago I notified all of my clients that I would no longer accept new assignments after June 30. Today is the day! From this point forward my work load will slowly decrease to zero.

Free at last, free at last, thank God Almighty I am free at last! (with apologies to Dr. King)

Congrats! Hope the work load will get to zero quickly!

Congratulations! Hope the transition goes smoothly for you!

Congratulations. I stopped working "officially" April 4th. I am so busy with other things I don't know how I did it all while working.

I am loving retirement, hope you do too!

Enjoy!

good for you! congrats!

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Thanks everyone. I do not feel retired yet as my schedule was booked solid through the end of July, but I know it is coming and that makes a difference!

Congratulations Culture, if you're booked in July how long will it take at part time before real retirement sets in?

Congratulations Culture, if you're booked in July how long will it take at part time before real retirement sets in?

I will start seeing open time in my schedule the first week of August, and it will tail off to about 70-80% free by the end of the year. Unfortunately, some of my consulting jobs will drag on another couple of years. I am OK with that as long as I only work 1-2 days a week.

Back
Top Bottom