Jet.com

easysurfer

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Anyone try Jet.com? There was pretty much press coverage when they went live touted as even lower prices than Amazon. I guess the history, if I have this right, is Jet.com's CEO one time worked for Amazon, then had a company diapers.com but Amazon then bought that out. Seems to me like Jet.com is trying for some payback.

Just from going to Jet.com's site, the selection isn't even half as much as Amazon, but looks like some things are cheaper if you strategically put stuff in the shopping cart. But I was disappointed when trying to price compare for the cat food that my cats like, but the flavors aren't even stocked at Jet. Still, cheering for the underdog might be fun. :)

I bought some toothpaste for my dog there and got a great price on it. Shipping was fast and free (over $35). I'd use them again.

Appears to depend on what you buy. Most of my recent Amazon purchases weren't available. A few had possible related items, but those prices were all about Amazon or higher, a few were considerably higher. I feel like I wasted my time, but some people say they see lower prices on what they buy.

I purchased a quantity of 12 of an item from jet.com, the price was good. After the order was placed I received a notice that only 11 were available, they adjusted the total cost correctly so no problem. Two days after I received the order I noticed a separate charge on my credit card from jet.com for what one of the items cost. I contacted their support desk by email and they agreed the problem was on their end and it would be forwarded up to the correct department. That was five days ago and have not heard back from them. I have no doubt it will eventually get corrected but I also know from my dealings with Amazon that Amazon would have corrected the mistake immediately. Maybe it's just growing pains, time will tell.

Last edited:
I just placed my first order with Jet. Bought a label maker and additional label. When order processed, price was about 15% cheaper than Amazon. Jet is not going to replace Amazon anytime soon, but nice still a bargain is a bargain :).

An update to my billing issue with jet.com. They dropped the ball and never followed through on our initial correspondence. Contacted them again and now they say I need to supply them with a copy of my bank statement showing the extra charge. Their customer service definitely needs a lot of improvement. I don't see myself paying for a membership after my 6 months free trial is up.

Uh oh...

At launch, Jet claimed to have over 700 brands in its affiliate program. The problem, however, is that Jet didn't obtain direct permission from those retailers to use their links. Instead they used a third party service that itself had established partnerships with those stores; many retailers that have since pulled out said they weren't even aware Jet featured these links.

Now, according to the Wall Street Journal, more than 100 brands have pulled out of Jet's program. While such affiliate programs are well-established, many of these stores have lamented that Jet should have negotiated direct relationships (perhaps to establish better terms for them), or flat out felt it was inappropriate as they considered Jet a competitor.

Jet's 'Cashback' Program Just Got WAY Less Appealing

Countdown until Jet goes belly up? :LOL:

That said, I got my first Jet order. Was a bit confusing as one item was sent via FedEX but the tracking said USPS. Nevertheless, Jet saved me about $10 over the same thing on Amazon.

Just bought something last week on the free trial, (now just free) and so far, so good. I needed a refrigerator part, they beat all other prices and yet it came from an appliance part company. Fast shipping, too. I'm not sure how a middleman outfit can undercut the other sites. I suspect the business model will evolve and though I didn't check, I'd also guess that they aren't profitable and aren't worried about that yet.

Back
Top Bottom