Two Factor Authorization List

easysurfer

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Since I'm one of the 300,000 or so lucky ones :facepalm: that got my Tax info hacked into, over the past few days I've been working on tightening security in case there's some impostor around trying to be like me (in a bad way, of course).

I've been changing passwords and challenge answers and now setting up Two Factor Authorization (2FA) on accounts like vanguard, facebook, paypal.

Here's a link to a good chart of which companies have 2FA that I thought is helpful if all the hacks get you a bit nervous:

https://twofactorauth.org/

Thanks for the list. I've been doing two factor when I can ever since my brother's gmail account was hacked a few years ago. The hacker changed the password and was spamming people with it. My brother had a very difficult time with the Google help desk on getting assistance to help fix this. If he would have had a two factor sign in, the hacker could not have changed the password.

Thanks for posting.
Several of the sites listed on the Financial Services category including Fidelity and Schwab had a warning triangle with explanation mark--I can not find a key to tell me what this "warning sign" means.
Have you been able to find a key or indication of what the sign means?
Thanks
Nwsteve

Looking at the triangle, if you hover your mouse over the triangle gives a bit more explanation for that site.

Has anyone had any success setting up 2FA with the SSA?

The SSA has the feature (text to mobile before loging) too for extra security. But when I try setting up, all I get is a message of "We're sorry... We cannot upgrade your account at this moment."

Has anyone had any success setting up 2FA with the SSA?

The SSA has the feature (text to mobile before loging) too for extra security. But when I try setting up, all I get is a message of "We're sorry... We cannot upgrade your account at this moment."

My wife was able to set hers up. I kept getting the message you received. I think it had something to do with the records matching process. Try to use different criteria. In trying this, I ended up resetting my password a stupid amount of times.

I set up 2FA with MySocialSecurity a few months back, for both my wife and I. I don't recall experiencing any wrinkles.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Timo2, UpAnchor - Thanks for the suggestions and answers.

I'm all set up with 2FA on MySocialSecurity. What I did was ending up paying a visit to a Social Security Office. The person pretty much just looked and my driver's license, asked me to verify my email, then printed out a piece of paper with instructions for signing up.

I'm feel so much more comfortable now with the extra safety.

The rejection for online verification my very well be from me adding a fraud alert on my credit report. Now I've put a freeze on my credit too. Shields up! :).

Back
Top Bottom