Spend the year at 70F

If you scroll down the page, it shows a second version that is 4000 miles less. I'd consider doing that one sometime but i'd probably have to sleep in my car a lot to keep costs down.

If you scroll down the page, it shows a second version that is 4000 miles less. I'd consider doing that one sometime but i'd probably have to sleep in my car a lot to keep costs down.

Yep, I'd need the "van down by the river" version...

Or you could just move to Santa Barbara or San Diego. Both have mean highs between 65 and 76 all year long.

Or you could just move to Santa Barbara or San Diego. Both have mean highs between 65 and 76 all year long.

If the police don't hassle me for sleeping in my car then I may move there but that's the only way I could ever afford it.

This has the potential of persuading DW to finally buy a small RV or travel trailer. She hates cold weather just as much as I do.

Edit: Nope, I just asked.:(

Last edited:
Weather is a big consideration for us since summers are crazy hot and humid in North Carolina. This past summer I smiled almost every day we were in Mexico City and the temps were right around 70-73 while my buds back home were roasting in 90+ degrees and high humidity. I even posted annoying stuff like "Brrrr.. July in Mexico City and it's so cold I had to close the windows!"

I've had the idea to do something like this following the 70 degrees thing when we head to Europe. Hit southern Spain in April/May and keep moving north till we hit Germany and spend the hottest part of the summer there (with highs in the low 70's).

Back
Top Bottom