Cheap used smart phone

Jay_Gatsby

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I'm looking to buy a cheap, used smartphone to add to an existing wireless plan. Data isn't a concern because I don't plan on using it for surfing the web. My primary requirements are a quality screen and a micro-SD slot for a high capacity chip to hold a large amount of digital media. Budget is ~$100.

Suggestions of websites that have a decent selection and pricing?

I'm looking to buy a cheap, used smartphone to add to an existing wireless plan. Data isn't a concern because I don't plan on using it for surfing the web. My primary requirements are a quality screen and a micro-SD slot for a high capacity chip to hold a large amount of digital media. Budget is ~$100.

Suggestions of websites that have a decent selection and pricing?

If you don't care about the limited apps, a Windows phone might be good. An example from Amazon for $54

Lumia 640 (unlocking instructions here) The display is 720 x 1280 pixels.
These support up to 128GB expansion.

I like my Samsung Galaxy S3. Prices are definitely below $100 now. Check Amazon or Ebay (mine's from ebay). Not the fanciest phone, but still a very solid choice with good screen, camera, microSD slot, etc. Fast enough for basic tasks.

No experience with them but I've heard good things about https://www.gazelle.com/

I agree with Fuego's comments. I've had a Galaxy S3 for two years and been happy with it. I'm about to replace it with a Galaxy S4, only because I took advantage of a cyber Monday deal and will get it free.

I agree with Fuego's comments. I've had a Galaxy S3 for two years and been happy with it. I'm about to replace it with a Galaxy S4, only because I took advantage of a cyber Monday deal and will get it free.

Let me know if you find the S4 significantly faster/better. I saw it for $100 (same price as my S3 1.5 years ago) on BF/Cyber Monday through my cell provider but didn't go for it (who's got that kind of money :D ). I wouldn't mind turning my S3 into my DW's or daughter's phone if there were a compelling reason to upgrade.

I have this one and it does everything I need for under $50 new on Amazon;
Amazon.com: BLU Advance 4.0L Unlocked Smartphone -US GSM - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

Amazon has a generous return policy too.

91z0rPINciL._SL1500_.jpg

Just bought a Motorola Moto E (new AT&T version, though Verizon versions were cheaper) for $50 from Best Buy. There are frequently good phones available you just need to search.

Back
Top Bottom