Quicken 2016 and TurboTax 2015 Download

Senator

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
FWIW. I just downloaded my latest version of Quicken 2016 and Turbotax 2016. I always get an email from a company, and always have had success. It is download only. I will be installing later today.

The prices are pretty good, make sure you get the 15% off.

Rogomax.com
Quicken 2016 & Turbotax 2015 Buy Now to get 15% OFF Limited 2 days
Add Coupon Code : 15OFF When check out to get 15% Off

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 50
I installed both versions of Turbotax. Both worked well and the TurboTax H&B undated by Intuit. The Corporation versiin was already up to date.

Don't you mean TurboTax 2015?
It looks like their receipts printed 2016 instead of 2015 for Turbotax.

TT Premier is 22% off at Amazon.
Great deal, this place has it for $58.14 (with 15% off) vs Amazon at $69.28.

Last edited:
TT is free if you're a T Rowe Price client (may have some investment minimum amount for free)

FWIW. I just downloaded my latest version of Quicken 2016 and Turbotax 2016. I always get an email from a company, and always have had success. It is download only. I will be installing later today.

The prices are pretty good, make sure you get the 15% off.
How do you know it's legally authorized versus pirated?

I'm holding off with Quicken 2016 until I hear a more consistent "They've finally worked out the problems" message. I "helped" QA Quicken 2013 and I'd rather not do QA for Quicken 2016.

I'm holding off with Quicken 2016 until I hear a more consistent "They've finally worked out the problems" message.

I agree- and until I do my rebalancing and get those transactions downloaded.

Did install TurboTax 2015 and agree that works well.

Last edited:
How do you know it's legally authorized versus pirated?

Last year, rogomax.com was roromax.com. Looks like they haven't bothered changing the name on the web page yet. The main menu mispells 'electronics.' The link for 'news' is broken. There's also broken English on several pages. Very new and short-term domain name according to scamadvisor. Misprinted Turbotax 2016 on the receipt? I'd say there's a high probability they're selling pirated software, and pretty expensive at that.

According to the Q&A section of intuit.com, the only authorized online resellers (those without a physical retail store) are Amazon, Newegg, and TigerDirect.

roromax was registered as a chinese site

Whois Lookup Captcha

Not to be too paranoid, but should one be worried about hacked versions of the software that logs all one's passwords? I guess after the OPM breach the Chinese already have everything but my retina patterns, but I believe my passwords at least are still secure.

Would you go with a place that's rated 89% trustworthy at scamadvisor?

A site that is that is selling turbotax deluxe for $39.99.

Good question. I do believe that if it was pirated software, Intuit would have shut it down by now.

I suspect they are OEM software distributors.

I suppose a good test would be if you could register the products with Intuit after installation, and then receive ongoing updates, particularly the latest versions of the tax forms.

I suppose a good test would be if you could register the products with Intuit after installation, and then receive ongoing updates, particularly the latest versions of the tax forms.

I installed both version of the TurboTax I purchased. One was updated, one was current.

I installed both version of the TurboTax I purchased. One was updated, one was current.

I would think you are good to go. There are going to be plenty of updates to TurboTax between now and the filing deadline but if Intuit have accepted registration and are providing automatic updates then it is hard to see what more you could have done to be sure it was a legal copy that you bought. (Of course buying software from a dubious site always carries the risk of credit card fraud).

...Of course buying software from a dubious site always carries the risk of credit card fraud...

With financial software, it could be WAY worse than that. No way I'd enter my SSN or passwords into software purchased on a site that was some kind of Chinese gambling site 2 years ago...

In 2013 they looked to be some kind of game site

RogomAx.com WHOIS, DNS, & Domain Info - DomainTools - Screenshot History

roromax was registered as a chinese site

Whois Lookup Captcha

(Of course buying software from a dubious site always carries the risk of credit card fraud).

Thinking too small...

If I were going to sell pirated tax software, I'd avoid any credit card fraud that might warn customers off. Instead, I'd tweak the installer package to include a redirect, such as a Hosts file entry to reroute traffic to Intuit.com to MyEvilServer.cn, which would then forward to Intuit.com after snooping and possibly modifying the traffic (such as swapping DSAKeyValues, for a man in the middle attack). I'd then collect all those names and interesting numbers (SSN, ACH routing for returns, etc.)

The neat thing with this approach is that updates will work, and the software signature is unmodified. The redirect is in the IP software on the computer that installed the tweaked software, and only the installer needed to be hacked. This approach is really common in pirated software, BTW. Malware is packed into a modified installer.

I'm sure that would never ever happen, though. If you've always relied on the kindness of [-]strangers[/-] pirates, please continue to do so.

Last edited:
Not to be too paranoid, but should one be worried about hacked versions of the software that logs all one's passwords? I guess after the OPM breach the Chinese already have everything but my retina patterns, but I believe my passwords at least are still secure.
I would be!

I would so be concerned that downloading a copy of "Quicken" or "Turbotax" from an unauthorized third party website, that the software was modified to collect sensitive personal financial data and/or credentials that can be used for ID theft or otherwise compromise my computer.

With financial software, it could be WAY worse than that. No way I'd enter my SSN or passwords into software purchased on a site that was some kind of Chinese gambling site 2 years ago...
Exactly! Not to mention your entire 1040 filed with the IRS (Turbotax), or the list of financial institutions and account numbers you do business with (Quicken).

Last edited:
Exactly! Not to mention your entire 1040 filed with the IRS (Turbotax), or the list of financial institutions and account numbers you do business with (Quicken).

You better throw out your smart phone and cut your internet cord...

There are hackers everywhere you go. Even factory purchased software has been known to have a virus. The ACA sites had poor security, and have many retailers.

It's a risk no matter what. You have to make a calculated choice, monitor your financial matters, and have some plan if something happens.

As in previous years, Fidelity offers free TurboTax 2015 Premier to certain premium clients. It is not clear exactly what service tier qualifies. To check if you have this offer, log in to Fidelity and go to Guidance & Retirement -> Taxes. Everyone should see an offer "Save on TurboTax" for $20 off, BUT some also get a special offer on the right side "TurboTax Online Premier: Receive a free federal tax return with e-file."

If you have the free offer, click Learn More and then you'll have the option to file Online or Download (click See Products). Premier is free and other versions are slightly discounted. The download includes 5 federal e-files and one state download. State e-file costs $19.99 (free for NY) or you can print and mail the state return.

Last edited:
Thank you, thank you! I knew that they did this for some people, but didn't really know where to look. Yay, I get Premier for free! :dance:

That helps make up for the time I wasted on the phone yesterday with H&R Block, trying to get their software installed - finally gave up and got my money back. Hopefully my return to TurboTax will be uneventful!

As in previous years, Fidelity offers free TurboTax 2015 Premier to certain premium clients

Thank you!
That was easy, and certainly earlier than last year (mid-January as I recall).
Just downloaded Premier for free.

Back
Top Bottom