Mrs. FUEGO finally retired!

FUEGO

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
My dear wife finally joined us cool kids and retired two weeks ago. It's been a blast so far!

She's been working very part time the last six months (1-4 days per week with a week or two off once per month), so not exactly a drastic change in lifestyle from six months of semi-retirement (and she's had 5-12 week sabbaticals the past 2 summers).

Today we went out for a nice long leisurely walk through the neighborhood to the park with our 3 year old while the older kids were in school. After a week of near-freezing temps, the 60 degrees and sun felt great! It rained really hard this morning so our little guy was excited to see the stream almost overflowing it's banks with all the rain runoff. "So many waterfalls" as he says. :)

As someone on my blog commented, the Internet Retirement Police can finally get off my back and allow me to be retired, too. Phew - I was getting tired of "working" these past 2.5 years. Although particularly brutal Internet Retirement Police will claim that having a 3 year old means we won't really be retired for another 15 years till he's out of the house. For those people, feel free to call us "stay at home parents" for 15 more years. But I'll warn you, I don't plan on staying at home all the time. :D

As far as finances, we've been spending $25-33k per year the past 2 years including some working expenses. That's from a portfolio that's varied from $1.1-1.3 million (plus another $100k+ for the kids' college). Our goal this year is to increase spending to 4% of our portfolio, but after putting together a budget, I only got to $40,000 before I couldn't find anything else worthwhile to stick in the budget. Kids entering the teen years may take care of this "problem" for us.

Congratulations to Mrs. Fuego!

I am betting that she will really enjoy the new life even if the kids keep you both from being totally retired.

So you're no longer a kept man? :) Congratulations to you both!

Get back to WORK, you lazy goodfernuthins!! :LOL:

(Kidding.....congrats. :greetings10: )

So you're no longer a kept man? :) Congratulations to you both!

I'm still a kept man - she's been cleaning and cooking all day. She made me do taxes though. :(

Don't worry-the teenage years will get rid of your surplus:))

She and I both need to work on our delegating skills!
Congrats to you and I know it is such a relief for the internet retirement police to finally have it their way! :)

What's she gonna do all day?

Congrats.

Congratulations to Mrs. Fuego!!!!

Just be careful all this time at home with her doesn't lead to lots and lots more baby Fuegettes. (Unless you want that.)

Congrats, stay at home couple...☺

Sent from my SM-T810 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

Congrats! And don't get upset when she messes up your routine. :LOL:

We're doing well so far. She's been working from home for six months and didn't put in more than 25 hours any given week, so she's always around. It's actually nice to mix up the routine a bit. More mid-day walks and swims while the kids are in school.

The only slight downside is my former habit of eating lunch in front of the tv and watch whatever I want. Now I have to squeeze the "me" tv time into another slot on the schedule. Today that time was taken up by a nap (me) and decluttering the house (her).

Just be careful all this time at home with her doesn't lead to lots and lots more baby Fuegettes. (Unless you want that.)

Wow, I hope not. Maybe I need to look into my new ACA plan to see if they cover certain procedures to increase my safety from 99% to 99.999%.

What's she gonna do all day?

I know you're joking, but

• read
  • watch tv
  • play games
  • explore outside - hiking/walking
  • improve her swimming
  • plan vacations
  • take those vacations
  • homeschool for our 3 year old
  • playdates for 3 year old
  • volunteering
  • learn photography / photoshop / video software
  • help family
  • nap
  • work out

And one day she'll ask, how did I have time to w*rk?

Excellent news, congratulations :dance:

Back
Top Bottom