Microsoft outlook question?

HF63

Recycles dryer sheets
I have a Hotmail account that over time it change to an Microsoft outlook account.

I just got this E-mail and want to see if any one else got a similar Email before I click on the link!

Dear Outlook User,

This is to inform you for the final time that on 8th april 2016, Microsoft Outlook will discontinue support on your account and security.

If you choose not to renew your account on or before 8th april 2016, your email will be blocked and you will not be able to read and send emails from the 8th of April 2016, and you will no longer have access to your email and many of the latest features for improved, conversations, contacts and attachments.

Take a minute to renew your account for a faster, safer and full-featured Microsoft Outlook experience.

[Link deleted by moderator for safety]

Thanks for using Microsoft service

Regards,
Hotmail Member Service .

Last edited by a moderator:
Go to outlook.com manually (not via a link in the email). Login and see if they want some additional info like an alternate method to handle security problems. More than likely they want you to opt in or out of something. If they don't ask you to do something as soon as you log in, the email might have been a hoax or a phishing attempt.

Reactions: W2R
If you click on the URL in that email, what it actually does is display a page that looks exactly like the outlook.com login page. However, if you enter your login and password there, it will send them to [Phishing link removed by moderator]. I presume that page will then forward you on to the actual outlook.com domain after recording your info somewhere.

Hopefully it's obvious that this is a very bad thing. It's a fishing attack. Do not give them your info.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the replies, I did not click on the link!!

Generally if the email is addressed to "user" "customer" "member" or some other generic term, it is not form the real source. A real source knows your name. Of course this does not mean the real source was hacked, but in your case here the "Dear Outlook User" is dead giveaway it is phishing attack.

Totally a phishing spam. Anything like it is usually trying to steal your info.

The phishing link should be removed asap.

Back
Top Bottom