Not Surprised, but Good to Know

Perhaps a short summary or snippet so we know what the link is about?

Sure, and sorry. The article discusses how Vanguard's low cost funds have saved investors billions since the company's inception. It then goes on to forecast how it could get to a trillion within the next 10 years.

Sure, and sorry. The article discusses how Vanguard's low cost funds have saved investors billions since the company's inception. It then goes on to forecast how it could get to a trillion within the next 10 years.
Thanks. :)
$1T in savings? That's a nice chunk of change - and will make some folk's retirement a bit easier. I wonder when the pension funds will stop wasting their time with hedge funds and come on board.

$1T in savings? That's a nice chunk of change - and will make some folk's retirement a bit easier.
Yep. To put it in perspective, the total of all US retirement savings (IRAs, DC, DB, annuities, etc) is about $20 trillion. So, Vanguard is on track to save investors an amount equivalent to about 5% of the total value of all US retirement money. Jack Bogle deserves a Medal of Freedom, no doubt.

Yep. Jack Bogle deserves a Medal of Freedom, no doubt.

I wonder when the pension funds will stop wasting their time with hedge funds and come on board.

Maybe this will open their eyes...In 2008, Warren Buffet bet a hedge fund manager that he could outperform him with VFIAX over 10 years, and so far has a sizable lead. There's a lot of time (and wealth) being wasted trying to beat the market.

$1T in savings? That's a nice chunk of change - and will make some folk's retirement a bit easier. I wonder when the pension funds will stop wasting their time with hedge funds and come on board.

I believe I read somewhere that CALPERS pulled out of all hedge funds and the govt pension plan I belong to NYCERS did likewise.

Just so you know, Fidelity has many equally low fees to be competitive.

Back
Top Bottom