I retired today!

NoOneGetsIt

Recycles dryer sheets
I was going to wait until May but the boss just decided to downsize ... I am soooo excited I can hardly contain myself. I think he was having trouble letting me go apologizing all over the place [was done by phone since I work from home] I was smiling the moment I heard and he stammered and apologized...I said 'hey! I'm good!' cause I AM!!!!!

Finally....age 53, 2.7M saved. Should have been done earlier

Admin: move if this is in the wrong place please

Cool beans! No need for those agonizing "should I stay or should I go" decisions, just fire me now - :)

Did you get any "happy dough"?

Just normal few weeks severance....got the big payout when I left corp america [1 year
s worth!]

That's cool, anything is better than nothing!

Go out to a nice place and celebrate, blow some of that severance - :)

Just normal few weeks severance....got the big payout when I left corp america [1 year
s worth!]

ANNNND I just got them into buying me an I-pad as a parting gift :))) saweeet!

No need for those agonizing "should I stay or should I go" decisions, just fire me now - :)

+1

I have a plan for when to retire, but lingering in the shadows behind it is a secret desire that my CEO makes the decision for me. Fifteen years ago the golden boot would have been catastrophic, adding a decade to my ER date, but now it would be a fabulous gift.

Congratulations. What perfect timing.

Great news. Bravo/a and welcome to the club. I did the same 18 months ago and still cannot believe it.

Last edited:
That is great! You were prepared for this day and you can be glad for that.

Congratulations! Say goodbye to the daily stresses of that place you'll forget about within a week!

Back
Top Bottom