RIP Butch Trucks

Nodak

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
We've lost another one.

Butch Trucks, Allman Brothers Band Drummer and Co-Founder, Dead at 69

I saw the Allman Brothers at Winterland one week before Duane was killed. At around 11PM the band was told to leave the stage, but they didn't, So the power was cut off. Butch and Jai Johanny did a drum duel until wee hours of the morning. We walked out of Winterland with the sun coming up. Those were the days my friend we thought they would never end.....

Bummer! I've seen the Allman Bros numerous times, they were one of my favorite concert shows. My best friends were staying in our FL house for a few weeks before we came down, and saw The Butch Trucks Band in Bonita Springs less than a month ago. I'm sorry he's gone. I guess his nephew Derek will have to carry on the Trucks musical legacy.

Bummer! I've seen the Allman Bros numerous times, they were one of my favorite concert shows. My best friends were staying in our FL house for a few weeks before we came down, and saw The Butch Trucks Band in Bonita Springs less than a month ago. I'm sorry he's gone. I guess his nephew Derek will have to carry on the Trucks musical legacy.

RIP... Derek fills those legacy shoes fairly well...

Back
Top Bottom