Work related garage door tale

old medic

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
The couple garage door threads got me to reminiscing about a not so funny at the time story.... Our base had 10X12 glass garage doors. One night a storm had knocked out the power, so pulled the release and raised the door. Well with the storm we had several calls and running wide open. We backed halfway in to grab some supplies and remake the stretcher to answer a waiting call, close the back doors and hammer down heading out to the awaiting call......
I drive about 3 foot and there is this horrendous crashing noise and can feel the truck shudder, It takes several more feet before I can get stopped. Sitting there trying to figure out what happened you can still hear glass breaking...

When we closed the back doors on the truck in our rush to answer the next call, neither one of use noticed we had closed the rope from the release in the door and as we pulled out, we pulled the door down on the roof of the truck.
Broke all but 2 panes of glass. and completely destroyed the whole frame, and ripped the antenna off the truck.

big oops!
Glad no one was hurt!

Back
Top Bottom