What Did You Eat Today?

tmm99

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I guess the old thread is too old to post, so here it is...

I skipped breakfast today and had an early lunch - Home made turkey soup. It turned out a lot like Chile Verde (no chile in it) because I added apple cider vinegar and cumin... It was tasty though...

Jello for breakfast, beef broth for lunch....prepping for colonoscopy tomorrow.

How about a good barbecue pulled pork plate with potato salad, baked beans and a mustard based slaw? Doesn't get much better eating than that.

Steel cut Oatmeal with banana, blueberries, strawberries.

2 French Crullers with coffee.

Groatmeal. I prefer the texture over rolled/steel cut. I have a slow cooker on a timer, and run it overnight for 3-4 hours , so it's ready to eat with no hassle. Similar to the link, except I don't use oil. I buy groats from Whole Foods.

My usual breakfast - whole grain cereal with low fat milk. But I'm having Costco rotisserie chicken and scalloped potatoes for lunch.

Oatmeal...

I can't justify paying double or triple for steel-cut oats...

I usually have oatmeal, with some dark brown sugar, and a pat o' butter, with a banana and/or orange, followed by two eggs and a slice of whole wheat toast. Lastly, a glass of milk to choke down the fish oil horse pills...

Have you ever had steel cut Oatmeal that's properly prepared? Not the garbage that Quacker puts in a can, but McCann Irish steel cut Oats? Prepared as Alton Brown suggests, can't be beat.

My standard breakfast these days is a 2 egg omelet with a cup of sautéed spinach, mushrooms, and onions in it, some spicy pico de gallo (with a little added fresh jalapeno), and shredded cheese. Delicious, and it follows my newish "Eat Fat, Get Thin" style of eating. I don't get hungry for dinner until 7 pm or later after that.

Have you ever had steel cut Oatmeal that's properly prepared? Not the garbage that Quacker puts in a can, but McCann Irish steel cut Oats? Prepared as Alton Brown suggests, can't be beat.

Yes I've had McCann's & need to get back to that. DW makes it with apple juice instead of water.

Had elk tenderloin steaks - broiled with a strip of bacon around it - a couple nights ago for dinner, so for lunch today I took the one leftover steak, chopped it up coarsely, and had it in a sandwhich with a bit of horseradish/mayo.

For breakfast I had scrambled eggs, grits, toast and coffee. Lunch I had spaghetti and a salad. Tonight I'm going to hear a buddy play at a bar/grill so will probably have a burger chased with a Coors Lite. The lite beer should offset all the other calories for the day.:D

Had elk tenderloin steaks - broiled with a strip of bacon around it - a couple nights ago for dinner, so for lunch today I took the one leftover steak, chopped it up coarsely, and had it in a sandwhich with a bit of horseradish/mayo.

That sounds delicious

My standard breakfast these days is a 2 egg omelet with a cup of sautéed spinach, mushrooms, and onions in it, some spicy pico de gallo (with a little added fresh jalapeno), and shredded cheese. Delicious, and it follows my newish "Eat Fat, Get Thin" style of eating. I don't get hungry for dinner until 7 pm or later after that.

Something very similar for me for lunch today (with different kind of sautéed greens (snap pea leaves) - "Eat Fat, Get Thin" style of eating, as you say...) I still do get hungry pretty quick though ;). Good thing I am not trying to lose weight.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Last edited:
5 Trident fish sticks seasoned with Lawry's, on wheat bread with a little miracle whip light, green giant peas, & an ambrosia apple for dessert.

I think we used to call it a fishwich ?

hash browns for breakfast (DS's leftovers), Hawaiian granola and yogurt for lunch and so far for dinner I've had chips and salsa and a whiskey sour. Is that wrong??

For dinner, spaghetti squash with sausage, spinach, tomatoes and feta cheese. Steamed spaghetti squash for just 3 minutes in the pressure cooker (I used to roast it in the over, which took forever.)

hash browns for breakfast (DS's leftovers), Hawaiian granola and yogurt for lunch and so far for dinner I've had chips and salsa and a whiskey sour. Is that wrong??
Just realized your meals are all vegetarian...:cool:

Breakfast - coffee, 1/2 muffin

Lunch - McDonald's salad - Grilled chicken over lettuce and tomatoes (ranch dressing). Coffee

Dinner - 1/2 Chicken sandwich, a few chips. Diet coke.

All this on the way to San Antonio and back.:blush:

Back
Top Bottom