Another super-gadget for your kitchen

And you can build a career too! It's like supercharged Tupperware. From their website (http://thermomix.vorwerk.co.uk/careers/):
The Thermomix ® is a high-quality, multi-functional kitchen device that can do so much that personal, practical demonstrations really are necessary to showcase all its uses and creative possibilities. This is why we present the Thermomix ® to customers at special cooking events in a friendly and personal manner. Demand is rapidly growing, so we need more Advisors to join our team to run cooking events.

Hundreds of thousands of Advisors all across the world are selling Vorwerk products. Start your Thermomix ® career with us and discover for yourself the advantages of working independently with a premium, cutting-edge appliance. Direct selling at Vorwerk takes different forms around the world, depending on the product group and local and cultural differences. The benefits of direct sales are clear: Customers experience first-hand the quality and efficiency of the products during an individual demonstration at their homes. For employees, direct selling offers an attractive world of benefits while working under extremely flexible conditions and in a dynamic market environment. With a Thermomix ® career, you can be your own boss, choosing how often you work and what hours you work. Whether you decide to be full time or part time, we’ll be happy to have you as part of our team of Thermomix ® Advisors.

Note that the price of this glorified blender is conspicuously absent. There's a reason it's not for sale in stores: it costs $2,000.

I just heard about this German food processor that also cooks your meals

Thermomix | The Unique Food Processor

My German cousin has one of these. She LOVES it, even to the point of hauling it (it's not small) to her second home in France...and they do the 6-hour drive quite a few times a year.

While I've been there visiting, she has used it to make soups, steamed fish dinners, jams from her fruit trees, a sorbet-type dessert, smoothies, etc.

Thanks for posting this. I kept wondering why I'd never heard of anyone here using one....must've been due to availability AND cost. :D

----------

BTW, my cousin's SIL has a knock-off version she bought at her Aldi Sud grocery store in Bavaria. It's missing one of the features that the Thermomix has (I can't recall which one...perhaps the built-in internal scale. But it DOES have a scale, which is an integral part of the unit, but is external.) She said it cost about 600 Euro, IIRC. She also uses it frequently.

--------

I kept wondering if the Europeans are so keen on these as they tend to live in smaller spaces with smaller kitchens, so a multi-purpose unit like this might hold more value to them vs. those of us in the U.S. who, (outside NYC), tend to have larger homes and kitchens?

omni

Note that the price of this glorified blender is conspicuously absent. There's a reason it's not for sale in stores: it costs $2,000.
I found one web page where it's listed at $1495

I found one web page where it's listed at $1495

Yes, I see on Wikipedia where they say it's priced at $1500 US. Wikipedia also mentions the criticisms, including Australian reports of 87 people burned or scalded, including 18 who required several weeks of treatment in hospital burns units.

Generally speaking, if sales depend upon the peculiar social pressures of a home party (like Tupperware, Herbalife, and others of that ilk), I slap one hand over my wallet and back away. But then, I'm not the target demographic. Home party sales are primarily aimed at women.

Looks like a potential [pricey] Christmas gift for the cooking aficionado on your list. :LOL:

omni

Interesting! It does appear to be quite large so as a condo dweller with not a huge kitchen, I'm not sure where we'd put such a device. Also we tend to grill a lot and steam or roast vegetables. Pretty easy so not sure how this would help us. Maybe if someone makes complex recipes, it's a big help. Anyway it looks intriguing but likely won't be in our kitchen.

Thermomix TM6 model. We just got this appliance and it is awesome!

I was surprised to see that the last post on this was 6 years ago.

Has anyone else used or tried this device? I’m not sure what an Instapot does but I’m not sure the comparison is valid.
We have already started choosing recipes from the 80,000+ online catalog, built into the machine with subscription, to try.

Anyone else have any recent experience or recipe recommendations?

Interesting! It does appear to be quite large so as a condo dweller with not a huge kitchen, I'm not sure where we'd put such a device. Also we tend to grill a lot and steam or roast vegetables. Pretty easy so not sure how this would help us. Maybe if someone makes complex recipes, it's a big help. Anyway it looks intriguing but likely won't be in our kitchen.

This device should enable you to replace your cooktop. Just like the microwave oven allowed you to get rid of your normal oven. :D

Seriously, I think it would be interesting to see how it works. But, I bet I can do that for free with YouTube videos. But, maybe later on:confused:??

Last edited:
I'm the OP - and ~6 years later I have no memory of posting this :)

Sounds wonderful!

The instant pot is, at its core, an electric pressure cooker. But you can sautee, sous-vide, ferment, cook rice etc using the pre-programmed temp/time/pressure settings. I have a traditional cook top pressure cooker, but the timer function & automatic pressure maintenance of the instant pot (and others like it) is such a convenience that I rarely use the former now.

Last edited:
I had never heard of the Thermomix, but follow an off grid family in Australia that uses one regularly. https://www.youtube.com/@OurSmallFootprint

The Mom became a salesperson for the Thermomix after the company contacted her, they must have heard about her using their device on her Youtube channel.

Anyway, she loves it. Apparently it doesn't use a lot of electricity which is helpful since they run on solar. She does a lot in it too, shredding, mixing and much more. It sounds like an interesting device.

Thermomix TM6 model. We just got this appliance and it is awesome!

I was surprised to see that the last post on this was 6 years ago.

Has anyone else used or tried this device? I’m not sure what an Instapot does but I’m not sure the comparison is valid.
We have already started choosing recipes from the 80,000+ online catalog, built into the machine with subscription, to try.

Anyone else have any recent experience or recipe recommendations?

We've been using this for about 3 weeks now and are very happy with it. We've made breads, cakes (makes the batter, which is then baked in the oven) and it makes great mashed potatoes.

I've even used it with my grandkids to make pancake batter. They love measuring the ingredients into the bowl as it weighs and measures everything.

It may not be for everyone, but we are having fun trying many different recipes.

Back
Top Bottom