Switching Quicken from Windows to Mac?

lwp2017

Recycles dryer sheets
Does Quicken for Mac ( Apple) look and interface the same as Quicken for Windows ?

My old $195 Windows based laptop is failing.
DW has a new MacBook Pro we only use for her photos. (She net surfs on an IPad).

I'm considering subscribing to Quicken for Mac and transferring data to the MacBook Pro and using it.

Thanks!

The transfer of data is easy - the look and feel is a little different, and since I like the Mac interface, I think it's better. The Mac version does not have as many reporting results but they keep adding to it. All in all, I'm glad I was able to switch and get rid of the PC headaches even without some of the reports.

Just be aware that the Mac version of Quicken doesn't have the features and capabilities of the Windows version -- only a subset of them.

I'm happy with Quicken 2017 for Mac, but I do miss the extensive reporting capabilities of the windows version. Also, there is no Quicken Lifetime Planner in the Mac version.

I switched a few months ago to the 2018 version for Mac and I'm happy. I agree with what others have said above, although I haven't had any crashing issues. I do miss some of the investment reporting options, but as in index investor with a pretty simple portfolio it's not a huge deal for me.

The interface was pretty different from my old PC version, but I can't say if that's a redesign of Quicken in general or a difference in platforms. Took me a little while to get used to it, but now that I've adjusted I like it much better than the old interface. One annoyance is that they've added a bunch of different categories and it's always trying to use those instead of the set I've been using for years.

When Intuit divested Quicken a couple of years ago, Quicken said they planned to increase focus on the Mac version (including doubling the size of the Mac engineering team). Since then, I've seen some nice improvements.

You can compare the features of the Windows and Mac versions here:
https://www.quicken.com/mac/upgrader-compare

I run Quicken for Windows on a Mac with Codeweavers Crossover software. They were very helpful getting me setup.

After a long period of wondering what way I wanted to go, I switched from a PC to Mac and decided to continue to run Quicken for Windows on the Mac using Parallels. This was an expensive way to go but it seems to work. The expense came from buying three new pieces of software: Quicken 2018, Parallels, and Windows. I got past the $$ part by reminding myself that I am finally retired!

Back
Top Bottom