We were invaded Thursday

Breedlove

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
So I am watching TV it is about 8:00 Am . All of the sudden I hear a clunking and clanging and the sound of big engines . You see we live on the edge of the National Forest and our driveway is 300 yards long . When you make a driveway like this you always put a turn it so people can't see back . I am on my front porch and all of the sudden a white turret thing comes around the turn must have been 40', looks like a howitzer .As it keeps coming I see a vehicle with bulldozer type tracks and a guy about 15' in the air in a tiny cab driving it . Then I seen the foot soldiers 4 guys in white helmets and a pickup behind them . So before I run in the house to get my guns , I waved and they waved back . One of the foot soldiers came to me to make peace , told me they were trimming trees for the power lines and told me they needed access to the back of my property to trim my Pines. Showed where to go through . DW quick thinking so she runs up to the bakery grabs a bunch of breakfast tacos and bottle water .
We gave the guys breakfast , talked about El Salvadore . When they went back to work they trimmed all the trees on my driveway and around our house and stacked all that they could not grind up Whew !

What is it about contractors that makes them unable to warn you in advance that they're coming to disrupt your life? Building tradesmen are just as bad. Cut a deal to do some work on your house and you hear nothing for a month. Then, one day without warning, they're at your door at 7 a.m.

I always tell them to call me the day before they're coming to give me a little advance warning. Sometimes it sinks in, sometimes not.

Most are focused on getting the work done so they can go home. Everything else is extraneous.

Though, the higher-priced ones will usually remember that there is actually a customer who is a person, not just a check-dispensing machine.

What is it about contractors that makes them unable to warn you in advance that they're coming to disrupt your life? Building tradesmen are just as bad. Cut a deal to do some work on your house and you hear nothing for a month. Then, one day without warning, they're at your door at 7 a.m.

I always tell them to call me the day before they're coming to give me a little advance warning. Sometimes it sinks in, sometimes not.

One neighbor had a method to solve that problem, they were nudists !!
It only took once for a repair person to show up unannounced, after that they would arrange the arrival time.
These nudists were NOT young/attractive/slim/fit types, so it was hard to erase the image :LOL::LOL:

So I am watching TV it is about 8:00 Am . All of the sudden I hear a clunking and clanging and the sound of big engines . You see we live on the edge of the National Forest and our driveway is 300 yards long . When you make a driveway like this you always put a turn it so people can't see back . I am on my front porch and all of the sudden a white turret thing comes around the turn must have been 40', looks like a howitzer .As it keeps coming I see a vehicle with bulldozer type tracks and a guy about 15' in the air in a tiny cab driving it . Then I seen the foot soldiers 4 guys in white helmets and a pickup behind them . So before I run in the house to get my guns , I waved and they waved back . One of the foot soldiers came to me to make peace , told me they were trimming trees for the power lines and told me they needed access to the back of my property to trim my Pines. Showed where to go through . DW quick thinking so she runs up to the bakery grabs a bunch of breakfast tacos and bottle water .
We gave the guys breakfast , talked about El Salvadore . When they went back to work they trimmed all the trees on my driveway and around our house and stacked all that they could not grind up Whew !

Wow, you and your DW handled that extremely well!! I am impressed. But what a shock it must have been before you found out what was going on. :ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom