What's going on here?...LITERALLY HERE!

VaCollector

Full time employment: Posting here.
Most users ever online was 1,133, Yesterday at 04:52 PM

Seems folks keep dropping in....earlier this month I noticed when the number hit
1100....now 1133....

Other than the remarkable information provided by the gorgeous, kind folks who
frequent here, what do you attribute the increase to?...and does anyone else here
wonder how many of the 1133 are members vs those just visiting?

I'd guess more people check in when the market is wobbly than other times.
Or we've all got the summer doldrums and it is too hot to be outside! :)

Lots of things could cause this but a sudden spike often is caused when another popular forum mentions this website or offers a link to it. When this is the culprit, more than is usual visits are non-members.

Maybe Amazon customers got the link to the "what I bought" or "what I watch" threads.

Long before I joined, I used to use the site for a sanity check. If something hit the fan (primarily at w*rk) I found this site comforting and encouraging.

Heat index 104 degrees and the wifey poo is not in the mood for love (she actually wants me to to do some painting). That's my reason and I'm sticking to it.

I am an admin on another forum site, much smaller than this one. Occasionally we get mentioned in media & then get spikes in visits for awhile. These days, the bot activity on that site is lower than in past years (site was established in '08)

what market? you mean the price-weighted average of 30 securities chosen by dow jones and company?

Heat index 104 degrees and the wifey poo is not in the mood for love (she actually wants me to to do some painting). That's my reason and I'm sticking to it.

Sure beats painting. :D

I did a lot of painting as a teen/young adult. I now hate painting. We did paint our house when we built a few years ago so now i hate painting even more. Luckily, DW seems to love painting, so we are a good fit.

The admins could tell you what sites are referring traffic to this one.

Back
Top Bottom