What did you get for "Free" today .. or some other day?

DH went to Menards and found a receipt where someone has purchased something that had a $7 rebate offered. He stopped at the customer service desk, picked up the rebate form and I mailed it!!!

Finished signing my will, POA, Living will today. Attorney said that after checking, some of the documents were a bit more complex and would have costed about $500 but since the we originally agreed as covered, the attorney said "consider that a gift". I asked if the attorney was sure? Yep. a freebie.

After living here for just over a year, they decided to review our water usage, and it was far less than the previous owners. So they not only lowered the bill going forward, but applied it retroactively and gave us a $230 credit. I never asked for the review, so that's found money!

When I was a kid we would sometimes be offered a free gift chosen from a grab bag of cheap stuff. Recently, I purchased a bluetooth headphone at Amazon and was given a free tiny bluetooth speaker with a red coat. That was nice but I didn't have a need for a cute tiny speaker with a red coat so, after playing with it for a few minutes, I hooked it to the charger where it remains today. Boy I wish they offered adults a choice from a grab bag because I love free stuff. I never pass up the toothpick in the jar on the way out if it is individually covered nor do I pass up the free mint. I would never buy either at a checkout counter.

Many years ago we owned a house in Houston that had no water meter. We never got a water/sewer bill.

I went to the annual meeting of our rural electric co-op last Saturday and entered my name in a prize drawing. Got a call from them yesterday informing me I had won an Amazon Fire TV. Now all I need is broadband fast enough to stream...

Last edited:
I just made reservations for McCormick & Schmick's Seafood & Steaks on Monday evening, Memorial day. Free Veteran's dinner. I will be going to Perkins for breakfast that day, free Veterans breakfast.

It's (finally) a great time to be a vet. only 0.5% of the population is.

Last edited:
Went to a free bluegrass concert last evening, sponsored by my town. (Paid for by taxes, though, in reality, I guess). Just plop down your folding chair, and enjoy.

Note: over half of all veterans are over the age of 60.

Three of my closest friends and I are Vietnam Vets and we are all over 60. Most guys our age were subject to the draft in the 60's.

There sure are a lot of us but the number of Korean and WWII vets left are getting very small in number,

Wow, did I score some great freebies today!

F gave me SIX really nice looking t-shirts with a beach clean-up logo.

He said that one of the bands he hangs out with, had extras in my size and gave them to him to give to me. These will be great "retiree wear" since I normally just wear shorts and t-shirts around the house. :D

Last edited:
I got 2 free joints.

My stash was getting low so I went to the dispensary and bought a half oz of indica and a half oz of sativa.

I guess you get a free joint with each half oz - :)

For free today, and everyday, is all the advice offered on ER. And it's worth every penny.

Rats. I missed the father's day gift card sale at the local steakhouse. A $50 card has a $10 bonus coupon. I am out of gift cards -I keep them for myself along with the coupon.
(My Dad passed away 10 years ago-so no gifts just thoughts)

I got 2 free joints.

My stash was getting low so I went to the dispensary and bought a half oz of indica and a half oz of sativa.

I guess you get a free joint with each half oz - :)

A stoner's dozen?

Yeah, pretty close.

14 grams in a half oz, and they were big joints, over a gram each - :)

Back
Top Bottom