2015 COBRA Rates

Lakewood90712

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Just got my 2015 COBRA open enrollment / rate letter. P.P.O. B.S. of California up 10% over 2014 , Kaiser HMO up 8 % , Delta Dental P.P.O., Down a couple of dollars a mo. :confused: never seen that before.

No word yet on the retiree plan rates (retirees with less than 25 years service have to pay part)

The COBRA plans and the Retiree plans have very similar coverage , but are not linked, as the pension plan is an independent entity from the employer in my case.

Will report back when I get the retiree rates for 2015

I'm waiting on my cobra increases... but also will be shopping the CoveredCA rates.

2015 COBRA and Retiree Medical Rates

"Will report back when I get the retiree rates for 2015"

Retiree medical rate increases / decreases for 2015 , this is for my retirement system only , yours may vary..................................................
2015 rate adjustments

Anthem B.C. HMO + 8.4%
Anthem B.C. PPO - 5.7%
Anthem BC Med supp. + 6.3%
Kaiser HMO + 8.1%
Kaiser Sr.Advantage + 4.0%
United Healthcare HMO+ 3.0%
S.C. Action HMO + 0.0 (new provider)

Per the plan administrator Avg 4.8% increase over 2014.
I do not know if the 4.8 % cost increase is somehow weighted using participation rates of each health plan.

I don't know what's up with the rate decrease on the Anthem Blue Cross PPO , it is not a typo ,maybe some new restrictions or fewer "In Network" Hospitals / Physicians. Will need to do some detective work.

Last edited:
"Will report back when I get the retiree rates for 2015"

Retiree medical rate increases / decreases for 2015 , this is for my retirement system only , yours may vary..................................................
2015 rate adjustments

Anthem B.C. HMO + 8.4%
Anthem B.C. PPO - 5.7%
Anthem BC Med supp. + 6.3%
Kaiser HMO + 8.1%
Kaiser Sr.Advantage + 4.0%
United Healthcare HMO+ 3.0%
S.C. Action HMO + 0.0 (new provider)

Per the plan administrator Avg 4.8% increase over 2014.
I do not know if the 4.8 % cost increase is somehow weighted using participation rates of each health plan.

I don't know what's up with the rate decrease on the Anthem Blue Cross PPO , it is not a typo ,maybe some new restrictions or fewer "In Network" Hospitals / Physicians. Will need to do some detective work.

What retirement system are you with, when did you retire and from what agency? How do these rate increases compare with the previous year?

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Is this NorCal or SoCal. Rates are higher, and seem to increase faster, in NorCal.

talked to my wellmark bc agent the other day and he said my grandfathered health plan would see a 5% increase while the new aca compliant plans are going to be around 11%. how's that for affordable health care?

Back
Top Bottom