7 Reasons Why You Really Shouldn't Move to Cambodia

One reason would be to avoid annoying tourists:

Foreign tourists posing nude at temples infuriate Cambodians

This month, guards arrested two American sisters after seeing them snap photos of each other's naked backsides in the temple of Preah Khan, said Kerya Chau Sun, spokeswoman for the Apsara Authority, which manages the temple complex in Siem Reap, in northwestern Cambodia. Lindsey Adams, 22, and Leslie Adams, 20, both of Prescott, Arizona, were each sentenced to a six-month suspended sentence, a fine of 1 million riel ($250), deportation and a four-year ban from the country.

It's not clear why someone would pose nude at the temple. It seems pointless and bordering on stupid. My previous two sentences prove I am no longer in my 20s when I must admit I did pointless and stupid things.

I agree 2B, and yes, did many of them. But I never got caught though!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's not clear why someone would pose nude at the temple. It seems pointless and bordering on stupid. My previous two sentences prove I am no longer in my 20s when I must admit I did pointless and stupid things.

Didn't some beer company give prizes for making love in various places including a church, a few years ago? I bet the people who think these things up will be the first to scream and yell when their expectations of civil behavior are not met. "How dare that person disrespect ME!!!"

I have now learned more about the Angkor Wat temple than I would have imagined, including that there are more than 2,000 images of barebreasted asparas carved in bas relief. I think I know what prompted the morons who took photos of themselves there.

Temples and asparas described here: Archives | The Star Online.

I have now learned more about the Angkor Wat temple than I would have imagined, including that there are more than 2,000 images of barebreasted asparas carved in bas relief. I think I know what prompted the morons who took photos of themselves there.

Temples and asparas described here: Archives | The Star Online.
Thanks for the link. It helps us to keep abreast of things happening around the globe.

As someone said, its not just Cambodia. Conditions are much the same in other parts of the developing world. Here are articles with similar descriptions of life in India. Its a mistake to look with humor at the misfortune that so many other societies find themselves in. But its pretty important to not be naive. Realize that overseas destinations touted as cheap for retirement are cheap for a reason.

A Dust Over India
https://robertlindsay.wordpress.com/2010/06/29/india-is-a-shithole/
Chronicles of the Return » Blog Archive » A Short Update On India and Open Defecation

As someone said, its not just Cambodia. Conditions are much the same in other parts of the developing world. Here are articles with similar descriptions of life in India. Its a mistake to look with humor at the misfortune that so many other societies find themselves in. But its pretty important to not be naive. Realize that overseas destinations touted as cheap for retirement are cheap for a reason.

A Dust Over India
https://robertlindsay.wordpress.com/2010/06/29/india-is-a-shithole/
Chronicles of the Return » Blog Archive » A Short Update On India and Open Defecation

I had Indian friends who frankly glossed over many of the issues, although sometimes it would leak out, like when they told me to carry an umbrella when biking. I thought it was for the sun, but no they said it is to open when you go under the bridges, so you don't get pee'd upon.

After a friend went to India for our office, he showed us the pictures he took from the taxi of the street scenes. Pretty chaotic traffic, and weird stuff like large rocks in the street and even a very large tree that was growing half in the sidewalk and half in the street.

It was easy to tell from the pictures the infrastructure was poor/not maintained.

Back
Top Bottom