70/30 60/40 Portfolio

augam

Recycles dryer sheets
For those who use this AA I am looking for recommendations on where to put the 30/40 part of the portfolio.

t the moment, I am mostly cash and bonds, but I normally shoot for 60-65/35-40. The non equity piece is in a mix of bond index funds (total bond index), CDs (shop for best rates at credit unions), cash, and I also make use of merger arbitrage funds (MERFX and ARBFX).

Ours is mostly in TIPS.

CD's and Stable Value fund with cash in online savings.

CA muni's, double tax free.

All of my 40 is in a stable value fund in my 401k. I do have a little in the TSP G fund.

The majority of mine is in Vanguard Total Bond, VBTLX.

Most of my 40% of my 60/40 is in total bond index funds such as FSNAX. I like to keep 3 to 4 years spending in cash equivalents like high yield CD's spread out under the FDIC limit.

Mine is mostly individual, investment grade corporate bonds.

25% of my fixed income is in mortgage loans to individuals, 70% is in 2 intermediate bond funds, and 5% is in cash within a high interest rewards checking account.

I put mine in short-term (1 to 5 year) treasuries. Short term bonds would also work.

We are at about 33% bonds. Most is in VG Total Bond. About 20% of bonds are in TSP G.

Mostly VBTLX and online savings, with some VFSUX and VWIUX.

For those who use this AA I am looking for recommendations on where to put the 30/40 part of the portfolio.

I would lean towards the heavier stock allocation as we get to a point where vaccine trials are effective (results of phase 3 trials, fingers crossed). Part of my planned heavier stock allocation eventually will be using a moving average approach since this timing approach has a history of beating bonds. Somewhat controversial here but in the tax deferred part of portfolio to complement a buy-hold equity portfolio.

Currently for the bonds not already purchased I'm using a 50/50 mix of VFIDX / VFSUX (intermediate/short term) bonds. Since TIPS are currently negative I would not expect much from this mix. In the short term might keep up with inflation.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom