A Happy Day to be a Dad...........

FinanceDude

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
DW is the "good cop" of my two sons, and always has been. As "bad cop", sometimes it's frustrating, but I think balance is necessary, as my sons are experts in manipulation.

Son #1: Do you want to go to Ben's house?

Son #2: Yeah, we can watch him sit on his brother.........

Son #1: Should we ask Dad if we can go?

Son #2: No, let's ask Mom, she's the NICE ONE!!

:D:D

My life is complete..........

fellow bad cop here...

my 4 year old daughter was having fun dancing to some music in her room, then she looks at me and says, "mom you can go now" i said huh? she wanted to jump on her bed and hang from the post, which she knew would get a "hey, that's not a good idea" remark from mom... she said, "i will be careful, i promise" with a very earnest look on her face...at least she's still an open book.

other times when she was younger, she would get inspired, then a little confused. if she was out with me and grandma, she saw a lovely, cuddly toy, she got excited! looked at me, then looked directly at grandma and said, oooh, it's soo cute. she was too young to figure out at that point that she should wait till i'm in the bathroom or something - oh but that was a year ago, she's figured that part out now!

When DD was two, she was yelling in her crib one night. When I went in, she said "Oh no, not that guy!" No idea where she picked up that expression.

the other day, DD decided to tell me (as if i didn't know) - "mommy, you have a lot of rules"

i said really?

she said yeah - i said what are they? she went on to list them - only 1 candy per day (and not before noon), no jumping on our couches etc.

then we talked about rules at school, she listed those.

then i asked her what the rules were at grandma's house? she contemplated - then she said, "i don't think they have any" ding ding ding!

i was starting to wonder why she asked to go over there every day!

"I'm not here to do what you want me to do, I'm here to do what's best for you."

Our kid would chew her arm off to avoid having to discuss a performance issue with me. Somehow, though, I'm the one who's always voluntold for school field trips... maybe she thinks she's showing the other kids how miserable her life really is.

"I'm not here to do what you want me to do, I'm here to do what's best for you."

Our kid would chew her arm off to avoid having to discuss a performance issue with me. Somehow, though, I'm the one who's always voluntold for school field trips... maybe she thinks she's showing the other kids how miserable her life really is.

I was at my son's last Little League game of the year. I help coach the team. My 8-year old is pretty quick, so I always get on him to leg it out to 1st, because you "never know".

My son hit the ball right to 3rd base, and the kid playing there is on the traveling team for our city, and is a good player. He wings it to 1st, but my son beats the throw...........:D

The kid turns to me, and says: "that's the first time that happened to me all year, your son's quick"........:D

I can remember when I was a kid, my grandmother had a sign in her kitchen that said "If mom says No, ask grandmaw!"

I can remember when I was a kid, my grandmother had a sign in her kitchen that said "If mom says No, ask grandmaw!"

My mom had a sign in the kitchen:

"The answer's NO, and will be NO in the foreseeablt future"..........

:D:D

Back
Top Bottom