Aaahem, An Announcement

yakers

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Yakers is now married to a retired wife. After 25 years of teaching, 21 at the last school DW has pulled the plug. Friday her second grade class had a little assembly ceremony with singing & flowers and lots of tears around. Monday was the last day with some students. She had to go in for a couple days of non student days but it is pretty much over. Her official date on paper is May 17th but I think the two days that matter were saying goodbye to the kids on Friday and driving away from school yesterday for the last time as a teacher (I expect a number of visits & volunteer activities will continue).

She does read various threads I have inflicted on her but has so far not been inclined to post here. I think she is collecting her thoughts and we are very occupied right now with the visit of my 85 yr old Mom and setting up the party for her Mom turning 80. We will see what happenes when this all settles in. My own countdown date is 540 days, we’ll see if that gets delayed or accelerated as a result of DWs free time.

That's great yakers. Sounds like a bittersweet moment for her. I bet you go a lot sooner than 540 days.

From one teacher to another - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! Let your wife know she is always welcome in Minnesota - she can come volunteer in my junior high classroom :D.

Hip, Hip Horray for Mrs. Yakers!!

I'm with Brewer - I bet/hope you will hang it up sooner with her shining example before you!

Enjoy yourselves!!

Jane :)

Back
Top Bottom