adding realestate

hotwired

Recycles dryer sheets
Hi
Does anyone know of a calculator (or way to hack FIREcalc) to include buy and hold rental realestate? Life was so much simpler when I had nothing but a typcial portfolio ... but now we have 11 buildings totaling 35 units. We have a separate plan for that, but I'd love to see some sort of neat cyber construction that allows for this ....

Why not just ad an income cash flow to account for the anticipated annual net income?

Hi
Does anyone know of a calculator (or way to hack FIREcalc) to include buy and hold rental realestate? Life was so much simpler when I had nothing but a typcial portfolio ... but now we have 11 buildings totaling 35 units. We have a separate plan for that, but I'd love to see some sort of neat cyber construction that allows for this ....

Real estate is local, too hard to make a calculator to guess future returns based on the past. When I first used FireCalc I pretended our real estate was bonds. FWIW

real estate and bonds

Bonds sounds like a good idea. I can also see just deciding on a "mix" of draws (i.e. $40k per year from RE and $40k per year from portfolio) and using the 40K as our draw in FIREcalc and leaving out the RE -- RE is more of a "business" anyway, now that I think about it, and obviously more complex and deserving of a separate tool, really, to keep things more accurate.
Thank you by the way.

Bonds sounds like a good idea. I can also see just deciding on a "mix" of draws (i.e. $40k per year from RE and $40k per year from portfolio) and using the 40K as our draw in FIREcalc and leaving out the RE -- RE is more of a "business" anyway, now that I think about it, and obviously more complex and deserving of a separate tool, really, to keep things more accurate.
Thank you by the way.
You could also calculate the cash-on-cash return of your rental property and use that as your cash flow.

You'd be tracking that anyway to help you decide when to sell or when to raise rents...

Back
Top Bottom