Ads Coming to Amazon Prime Videos in 2024

easysurfer

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
The company didn’t reveal how long the ad breaks will be, but did say its shows and movies will have “meaningfully fewer ads than linear TV and other streaming TV providers.”

Yes, they have that right now. It's called FreeVee, which is Amazon's FAST channel. (FAST = Free ad-supported streaming television.)

Gosh, Aren’t we lucky!

Maybe I’ll drop Prime since the video is the main reason I have it. D

I have Paramount Plus for a show that's stream only. They had an ad version or ad free for a fee. I first tried the ad version thinking, I can put up with a few commercials to save some bucks. The ad version was so riddled with ads that wasn't worth watching. I ended up having to the ad free route to keep my sanity.

A quick check with tax that would bring prime up at around $15.60/month. We’ve got legacy Disney+/Hulu and espn+ and it’s Disney with no ads and Hulu with ads, don’t watch espn. That is now 14.99+tax and they are hiking it to 18.99+tax in October. No longer offered but can keep it and you pay a dollar more to get Disney and hulu no ads or 9.99 for both with ads. I don’t know how we will proceed as these are still cheap, but seems like the price hikes are never ending now. Don’t care for watching a three hour movie with ads inserted in them. Part of the reason we have no ad Disney.

Back
Top Bottom