Advantage vs Supplement

From all I've learned so far, it seems the biggest factor in deciding between the two is whether one has a fairly extensive network that accepts an Advantage plan, and spends most of their time in the location that has that network. Small network or traveling a lot would seem to tilt heavily in favor of traditional Medicare + supplement.

+1

Many of us here have used BoomerBenefits.com to assist in choosing a supplement and I don't think I've heard anything but positive reviews on them.

Called Boomer Benefits 90 days prior to DW turning 65 and was surprised that they only write policies for Plans F and G. We ended with a Plan F HD through a local broker for 1/2 the cost of the lowest G. It includes Silver Sneakers which will save us about $15 so the net monthly cost is about $61.

BB was very responsive to my questions and followed up without being pushy.

Called Boomer Benefits 90 days prior to DW turning 65 and was surprised that they only write policies for Plans F and G.

While this may be true for your specific location, it isn't an accurate blanket statement. BB offered us a number of plans in addition to F and G to choose from and we went with Plan N.

Just like the ACA, it depends where one lives.
DGF has MA and has a wide choice of close to and in network doctors and hospitals with no premium, plus some eye and dental coverage.

True, yet always be aware the company sets the network and hospitals and there in no guarantee they won't change this at anytime they see fit. They can add and drop networks annually. That's a big problem for those of us out here in rural western MN...even the ACA plans are dropping networks in the MSP metro area, leaving us with west of here and going to SF, SD which is over 3 hours away...

Back
Top Bottom