Advertising - too much?

Phase II...after Christmas sales...ARGH

I've already received 5 emails from retailers hawking major price slashing. STARTING TOMORROW.

Oh brother...:nonono:

I'll simply point out that if it wasn't for advertisers this site wouldn't exist.

So as Xmas gift to our nice host everybody should click on a banner ad!

I just did and found out that casa.com has some great sales on household stuff, but you should act now the sale won't last forever.

This message brought you by MPA marketing professionals of America, getting people to buy crap they don't need for a more than a century.

Didn't want to start another thread for this, but noticing that a number of members don't do facebook or twitter... I think I found a solution to block some of those popover colored square links to Twitter, Google, Facebook, Gmail and some other social linkage programs. Recently some of these links have become so large as to block the text on articles, and I could find no way to make them disappear.
I don't know if this is really the solution, but... so far it looks to be working for me. I use Ad Block Plus. Right clicking on the icon for this brings up "options".
The tab "Add your own filters" brings up a box where you can add this:
*.addthis.com/* .

Yeah... not necessarily advertising, but one more of the unwanted add ons that becomes intrusive.
:blush:

I think everyone realizes that advertising is here to stay, and accepts that within reason, but where's the limit? If split screen TV ad/content became the norm, is that too much? Who sets the limit?
and...
instead of what YOU would do... do you think there is a limit to what the public will pay? In other words... will supply and demand become more sharply defined? Printed media seems to be evening out after a long drop in circulation.

How do you see the future? :)

Last edited:
I can't do anything in Facebook or Twitter without seeing an ad for some online war game. No idea what it's advertising but it's got Kate Upton in a nice white dress with some armor dressing. Never really knew much about her. Let's just say I've become a big fan. So, ads aren't all bad.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

I gave up on broadcast TV and cable even though we get both for free. Can't stand the commercials. I've probably seen 10 minutes of commercials this year. I don't think I'm missing anything.

Between Netflix, Amazon TV, Hulu, youtube, and other content sources, it's hard to go hungry for entertainment options.

Back
Top Bottom