air conditioning

I would be surprised (and not pleasantly so) if he did not have his "tip" already built in. This was the middle estimate, was it not?

I would be surprised (and not pleasantly so) if he did not have his "tip" already built in. This was the middle estimate, was it not?

No , it was the low estimate and the installer did not give the estimate the salesman did . My other two estimates were 1,000 more . That is a heck of a tip !

Tip? Heck no. Does anyone tip a roofer, plumber, car mechanic, etc...for work they do? I know I haven't. Maybe that is another reason I'm a COB. :-\

Maybe you should read up over at hvac-talk for a while. Those guys think they're skill levels are equivalent to MD's and that the customer should just pick them and fork over their money before they have to do any work, since the average customer is just going to 'use their bid' to drive other guys down.

That was close to my experience. Several of the companies I asked to bid never told me what they would install or how much it'd be until I was 'ready to do business'.

Funny bunch.

Maybe you should read up over at hvac-talk for a while. Those guys think they're skill levels are equivalent to MD's and that the customer should just pick them and fork over their money before they have to do any work, since the average customer is just going to 'use their bid' to drive other guys down.

That was close to my experience. Several of the companies I asked to bid never told me what they would install or how much it'd be until I was 'ready to do business'.

Funny bunch.

No, things must be slow in Florida because they were really willing to deal . I got three bids and this was the best .The company that was doing the maintenance on my other unit said they could not match this price .They came on time installed the unit and did not look like they were dragged from rehab to do the work so I'm happy . They may be sad because I did not tip but oh well .

Funny bunch.

Well I don't pay a doctor a tip so I sure as hell wouldn't pay these friggers one.

Hmmm, depends on his looks....:cool:

Ah, who am I kidding, I'm too cheap to tip someone like that...and too dumb to know that I'm "supposed" to. :p

Guess I don't get out much.

Hmmm, depends on his looks....:cool:

Ah, who am I kidding, I'm too cheap to tip someone like that...and too dumb to know that I'm "supposed" to. :p

Guess I don't get out much.

Actually he was kind of cute but I still was not taking the bait !

Take some pictures and post them!

The only problem with taking pictures is they had to bring a crane to remove my old unit and replace the new one . It is 17' up because my house is elevated . That added $350 to the cost . I do have a picture of the installer (he's cute ) because I just got a new digital camera and was trying it out .

The only problem with taking pictures is they had to bring a crane to remove my old unit and replace the new one . It is 17' up because my house is elevated . That added $350 to the cost . I do have a picture of the installer (he's cute ) because I just got a new digital camera and was trying it out .

Good thing thefed didn't see you "trying out" your new camera on a cute guy :)

Attachments

• the fed signal.jpg
    the fed signal.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 6
Okay here is my picture . I missed his face but I did get his assests !

Attachments

• clothes 356.jpg
    clothes 356.jpg
    519.3 KB · Views: 5
...and we've got the name of the company, so we can call them up tomorrow and tell them that one of their customers is posting pictures of their employees 'assets' on the internet!

Orrrr...for a small fee.... :)

...and we've got the name of the company, so we can call them up tomorrow and tell them that one of their customers is posting pictures of their employees 'assets' on the internet!

Orrrr...for a small fee.... :)

Okay , how much bacon do I have to send & what kind ?

Fletchers dry cure, about 4 lbs would pretty much do it.

Throw in some nice liver, baby red onions and a 10 year balsamic vinegar and I'd be willing to accept 2lbs.

What I have just accomplished is to have roughly 50% of you go "YUMMY!" and roughly 50% say "ICK!"

Which means I'm pleased. :)

Fletchers dry cure, about 4 lbs would pretty much do it.

Throw in some nice liver, baby red onions and a 10 year balsamic vinegar and I'd be willing to accept 2lbs.

What I have just accomplished is to have roughly 50% of you go "YUMMY!" and roughly 50% say "ICK!"

Which means I'm pleased. :)

How about what ever is on sale tomorrow at the local Publix ?

I'm wondering who can tell whether it's 10 years old or whether it was dipped out yesterday from whatever they dip it out of...

I can! The 'good stuff' is kept in peoples hot attics and poured into successively smaller casks every year. By ten years, the real deal is sweet, tangy and pours like syrup.

How about what ever is on sale tomorrow at the local Publix ?

Not knowing what a 'Publix' is, but knowing YOU, I'm leery. Is that one of those places that sells canned stuff they wish was merely dented and slices of some sort of animals that were more likely killed on the hoof by microwaves than cooked by them?

:)

Na, Publix is the premier food shopping place in Fla. They charge more than the other stores but they smile at ya while you're shopping so I guess the higher prices are OK.

Moemg will take a picture of the assets of one of the smiling Publix baggers bagging the bacon and post it here, if we're lucky :)

Back
Top Bottom