Am I supposed to stay inside during the eclipse?

badatmath

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I think I have always been at w*rk before this . . . I know you can't stare directly at it but it falls during my normal time outside tomorrow.

It appears fine, what do you all plan to do?

Okay so this is kind of a stupid question I get it. But I didn't realize it was tomorrow . . . If people are gawking might not be a good time to drive any distance I suppose.

It looks quite short, shorter than I remembered. I thought they were slower.

Last edited:
LOL. I think they made us stay inside when I was in school. I've been walking by the "eclipse glasses" for weeks at the stores it seems.

Last edited:
Just wear some garlic, because during the eclipse vampires will be able to come out and bite people ;)

Wow, thanks for the reminder. I had completely forgotten.

Any word on zombies? or werewolves? bigfoot? what about the rougarou?

I think I have always been at w*rk before this . . . I know you can't stare directly at it but it falls during my normal time outside tomorrow.

Okay so this is kind of a stupid question I get it. But I didn't realize it was tomorrow . . . If people are gawking might not be a good time to drive any distance I suppose.

Hope you had a good look see. It was celestial dude! Thanks to the cloud cover, I was able to take a few photos without a filter.

Attachments

• IMG_3503.jpg
    IMG_3503.jpg
    434.4 KB · Views: 34

Safest is to stay in a closet until it is over.

A friend gave me some eclipse glasses and it was really awesome to watch from my balcony. I had a perfect view.

I'll have to mooch off my Facebook friends to see their photos as too many clouds by me plus no safety glasses. Or watch on internet.

A friend gave me some eclipse glasses and it was really awesome to watch from my balcony. I had a perfect view.

Frank had some eclipse glasses left over from the last eclipse, so we got to look at it briefly through those (in my back yard, while getting into my Venza so he could drive me on a few errands). It was fun to see the crescent sun looking almost like a crescent moon. :D

I didn't even watch I had something unexpected come up so was dealing with that.

Eclipse? Was there an eclipse? We had drizzling rain all day with a thick overcast so didn't see nuttin'.

It was easy to miss if you’re not looking for it even when at the maximum. A total eclipse is something else entirely.. sky darkens and the stars come out.

I took a photo of the sun's shadow cast on a lawn chair cushion through a colander:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-14 160925.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-10-14 160925.jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 18
It was easy to miss if you’re not looking for it even when at the maximum. A total eclipse is something else entirely.. sky darkens and the stars come out.

Very true! I was playing pickleball this morning, and aside from a few folks using eclipse glasses between games to check it out, I’d never have known there was an eclipse happening at all.

I had forgotten about it... but when I'd walked the dog up to the grocery store, I saw people looking up at the sun with the glasses... I kept walking and when I passed the library there was a cluster of folks... and a guy offered to let me look through his glasses... It was cool.

I called my hubster and he looked at it through his welding helmet. When I got home, I got a longer view through the helmet.

As the eclipse progressed to the maximum the reduced sunlight caused a drop in temperature. Probably only a degree or two but it was noticable.

Raining all day. No eclipse for us.

Hope you had a good look see. It was celestial dude! Thanks to the cloud cover, I was able to take a few photos without a filter.

Wow nice, we had that kind cloud cover but I didn’t dare look.

Last edited:
As the eclipse progressed to the maximum the reduced sunlight caused a drop in temperature. Probably only a degree or two but it was noticable.

It’s always the eeriest look, like dusk at high noon!

Partly cloudy here, but I could tell it was happening because there was an odd dimness to the light outside.

It was clear here for an eclipse some years ago, and I remember seeing the eclipse images from the pinhole effect on the light coming through tree leaves, small holes in the backs and seats of patio furniture, and any other small openings. That was as cool to see as the eclipse itself.

Attachments

• pinhole.jpg
    pinhole.jpg
    391.9 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Raining all day. No eclipse for us.

We watched the NASA live coverage on YouTube for a lot of it as we were just a bit south of the annular eclipse area. The broadcast from Albuquerque NM and Kerrville TX. The coolest thing was that the balloon festival was going on in ABQ!

Last edited:
Partly cloudy here, but I could tell it was happening because there was an odd dimness to the light outside.

It was clear here for an eclipse some years ago, and I remember seeing the eclipse images from the pinhole effect on the light coming through tree leaves, small holes in the backs and seats of patio furniture, and any other small openings. That was as cool to see as the eclipse itself.
We did that today for the few moments of sun peeking out of the clouds.

Attachments

• IMG_4433.jpeg
    IMG_4433.jpeg
    142.3 KB · Views: 11
Back
Top Bottom