Amazon prime one-day sale for new members

Bad idea, like insulting enough for me to not re-new. I am surprised they are going goen the manure laden road of the cable and wireless carriers. Crapping on existing customers is about the worst insult I can think of.

I am sending an E-mail to Bezos , and I almost never send letters / E-Mails.

I let my Prime lapse a month or two ago, figuring I'll start it again when I need something in a hurry or decide to start streaming again. Looks like I'm not able to take advantage of this $67 deal. I suppose I could create a brand new account with another email addr.

I've heard of people stacking memberships onto existing ones or gifting themselves the next year and scheduling when theirs expires. Might be a few possibilities......

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

I let my Prime lapse a month or two ago, figuring I'll start it again when I need something in a hurry or decide to start streaming again. Looks like I'm not able to take advantage of this $67 deal. I suppose I could create a brand new account with another email addr.

If you do that and have any kindle books... make sure you keep the old account to buy your eBooks. You are not able to transfer books from one account to another. (at least I do not believe so)

Today's the day!

For anyone who is considering joining Amazon Prime, today's the day for their one-day offer of $67 (ipo $99/yr).

omni

For anyone who is considering joining Amazon Prime, today's the day for their one-day offer of $67 (ipo $99/yr).

omni

I saw this - and apparently there's a way for existing prime members to do it.

- Set your prime membership to NOT auto renew.
- Pay attention to when your prime membership expires.
- Buy the one day offer in the form of a gift - (to yourself) to start on the day your existing membership expires.
- You'll start your new prime at $67/year.

The downside/gotcha. Your existing prime allows 4 (I think) people to share the membership. This new, discounted prime only allows 2. So if you have family members or friends sharing your prime membership - think about it. But if you're like our household - where it's just me and DH... kids stream and get books through my account. (I just have a LOT of devices connected.) It would work.

I should add - I didn't try this - I read about it. In attempting to do this I observed:
- I couldn't figure out a way to make my prime not automatically renew.
- The price of prime still showed as $99 - even though there is a lot of hype about the $67 deal today. (In honor of them winning an emmy at the 67th emmy awards.)

I've heard of people stacking memberships onto existing ones or gifting themselves the next year and scheduling when theirs expires. Might be a few possibilities......

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

My understanding is that they have closed the gift loophole.

I'm hoping the Prime subscription will help me avoid the temptation to look for cheap 'goodies' to get my order above the 'free' shipping amount. We'll see. If I think I am simply spending more because I have Prime, I won't renew. Also, many of the Prime items have the shipping built in. Yet, if it prevents me from having to make a 15 mile round trip to buy a $25 item, it would be worth it.

Back
Top Bottom