Annual Sale on Nova Launcher Prime--Android Phone Launcher

I don't usually pay for apps, but I did decide to buy one yesterday. Like you, I was surprised to find it for $0.49, instead of the usual (around $5.)

I'm not complaining, but I'm curious. Is this a new thing, or have they been putting apps "on sale" for a while now, and I just never noticed?

I don't usually pay for apps, but I did decide to buy one yesterday. Like you, I was surprised to find it for $0.49, instead of the usual (around $5.)

I'm not complaining, but I'm curious. Is this a new thing, or have they been putting apps "on sale" for a while now, and I just never noticed?

Yes, apps frequently go on sale. It's mostly the ones that cost $2, $3 or more. Unless you're frequently checking the cell phone news sites you probably would never know about it.

I think it's hilarious that people will balk at spending the equivalent of a gas station coffee on an app for their phone that they would likely use on a daily basis. I admit I'm guilty of this. I suppose because it doesn't seem like a tangible product, it's just electrons that come out of the sky and into your phone. LOL.

What does it do ?

From what I can tell, it's an app that, if you have never had it, you will never know that you need it. Once you've used it though, you will forever feel a need for it.

It's an Android Phone Launcher, as the title of the thread says. If you don't know what one of those is (I didn't) then clicking on the link in the original post and reading the description should explain it.

Last edited:
What does it do ?
To save you the trouble of clicking through:

Whether you are on a Samsung or Pixel or OnePlus device, Nova Launcher is one of the best 3rd party launcher apps there is. This replaces your phone’s pre-loaded launcher and gives you access to custom icons, custom gestures on home screens, transition effects, ways to hide apps without uninstalling them, gestures on folders and apps, and a whole bunch of customization settings. The minute I finish reviewing almost any device that isn’t a Pixel, I put this app on to improve the experience.

Last edited:
What does it do ?

It allows you to customize the way your phone's home screen and additional screens appear. How many app icons do you want on your home screen? What size should they be? What style of icons do you want? The customization is extensive. This is something that Apple iPhone does not have. You can make your phone look like a piece of art. Get rid of the boring 5x5 grid of stock looking icons on your home screen and jazz up the look of your phone.

Do you want 4 icons in your dock? (the dock is that area at the bottom of your screen.) Maybe you don't want a dock at all.

A personal favorite of mine--get rid of the Google search bar.

How about gestures to open up specific apps? For example, swiping up on your screen opens Instagram, swipe down to open Spotify or double tapping on your screen opens your camera.

You can even assign gestures to app icons themselves. Double tapping on the phone dialer icon can call a preset number. Or swiping left on the Maps icon opens the nearby traffic information.

You can back up your launcher settings so you can apply them in an instant if you get a new device. This is helpful if you want to recreate that exact look on your new device that you have on your current device. Or, if you have several themes/customizations you can easily switch them out to a different look as the mood strikes you.

Take a look at this video to get an idea of what you can do with Nova Launcher and customization of your phone's home screen.

Last edited:
I guess for us who just use a phone for what it is, this is not necessary. I'm fine with the stock Android interface. Plus, I can customize that to what I want also.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom