Amazon Prime price increase to $139/yr

Can't find "cancel auto renew" on my Prime settings anymore.

It was either switch to monthly billing (instead of annual) or cancel Prime altogether.

Anyone have a direct line to an Amazon page that will let me cancel auto-renewal?

You have to go to the Cancel button, then select stop it on my next renewal date. Buy a gift Prime subscription, give to yourself, activate it on the day after your next renewal date. That's what I've done (haven't activated yet since I don't renew until April)

Also understand other people who buy a lot in Amazon and benefit from buying Prime.
Having Amazon Prime saves us a ton of both money and time. Rather than having to run to a store every time we need something, we can just order it on Amazon, pay less, and have it delivered to our door as quickly as the same day for free. The $11.58/mo saves us running around looking for what we want and burning gas in the process.

When it's something we don't need right away, we sometimes choose the slower delivery option that gives us a credit toward digital purchases which we'll use to rent a movie for a date night or family movie night.

In the email today announcing the price hike, I noticed that Amazon is now the home of Thursday Night Football. I wonder how much that contract cost them. I'm sure that has something to do with the price increase.

I order a few times a week from Amazon, so I'll pay the increase. I make no attempt to make a list and order. I just order whenever I find something I want.

Back
Top Bottom